Thread: sc899

sc899

Hello guys,

I have a sc899 on a MPC300,any one has faced this code before?

Thank you

Re: sc899

Have you tried updating the firmware? When printing from some internet pages, the machine receives a code it does not know what to do with and generates the error. If you disconnect the network cable when the code appears, turn off and on, the code is removed. When you plug the cable back in the print job is sent down, giving the code again. New pcl and some other firmware files contain fixes for this code.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

While the code is probably most commonly caused by the error in PCL, it can come from a variety of places.

Just plan on updating ALL the firmware; don't pick and choose.

I have a very large customer with a bunch of SP 5210s, which are throwing intermittent SC899s, and it is not a printing problem.

We flashed a number of them with all the firmware, and still had the issue, no less frequent.

Turned out that all these little gems have Java cards in them (not running any apps, they were ordered that way just in case), and updating the Java to the most current version seems to have fixed it. (We did not simply remove the cards, even as a test, for numerous reasons.)

I say "seems to have fixed it", because it's only been a few weeks, and it's a bit early for the happy dance, but so far so good.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    SC 899 mostly occurs when printing from a web browser. Switch off the machine, empty the computer print queue and switch the machine on. Then try to print the web-page with a different browser.
    +1 on the posts regarding printing from "live" websites.

Educate your customers to take screenshots of the pages and to paste them into an app like MS Word, and to then print from there. Problem solved.
    Press the GREEN button!!