Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Savin C9025 firmware

Have a billable customer that recently upgraded their server from Windows 2003 to 2012. Now they can't reconnect their SMB scanning to the new server. I'm fairly positive the copier needs the scanning firmware upgraded which I no longer have easy access. Is there anyone out there that could shoot me over to update? I'd appreciate it.

Chris
    TJL Copy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Savin C9025 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Have a billable customer that recently upgraded their server from Windows 2003 to 2012. Now they can't reconnect their SMB scanning to the new server. I'm fairly positive the copier needs the scanning firmware upgraded which I no longer have easy access. Is there anyone out there that could shoot me over to update? I'd appreciate it.

Chris
    TJL Copy
    Yep!....The MFP needs a special firmware update!...did one just the other day meself!

...and you service the machine and don't have a Ricoh Technology Solutions Resource Center Account???

Hmmm......
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Savin C9025 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Yep!....The MFP needs a special firmware update!...did one just the other day meself!

...and you service the machine and don't have a Ricoh Technology Solutions Resource Center Account???

Hmmm......
    Respectfully, there's thousands of us out there that don't have access to TSRC for any number of reasons.
    As an independent tech, My rights were stripped about 10 years ago too.
    Does that make me some sort of hack? Afterall, I've been doing almost exclusively Ricoh for the past 20+ years. I still have to feed myself and family.

I'm very dedicated to trying to stay as up to date and professional as I can with various resources -This site and it's members being the most valuable.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

For what it is worth, the mothership maintained decent relationships with others after the course change. The others weren't part of our exact sphere of influence, but we crossed flight paths every once in a while. As we had shown them we already knew how to handle firmware, sometimes they'd give us what we needed.
    Not a sure bet, but something to try if time allows.

I'll PM you with the FW. Being an independent is tough especially with things like this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tufbnme View Post
    I'll PM you with the FW. Being an independent is tough especially with things like this.
    Thank you. Much appreciated

Chris