Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Unhappy MPC5502 with adobe sc card print issue

I have a MPC5502 , prints fine, just installed an adobe reader card for Mac, the printer shows up for an instant then goes away? Ive heard there is something in the mac that needs to be tuned on or off?
    Im no Mac guy...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MPC5502 with adobe sc card print issue

you will need to install postscript for the mac to print as well

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

sorry, i meant post script , sc card

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think I understand what your issue is so let me just recap so were all on the same page. You installed the PS option in SD slot 1 and the end user configured the MAC to print.They send a job to the machine and when the job gets to the machine the data light flashes once but nothing prints out. If this is whats going on then one of 3 things might be your issue, 1- The PS option is not in slot one ( check the SM for correct placement of option) or 2- The PS option is not the correct option. 3-User codes may be turned on for printing. Keep in mind that the drivers are defaulted for color printing and can be defaulted for B\W in the MAC CUPS settings.

To check if the option is being recognized in the machine, go to user tools,printer features, on the first page you will see PS listed and will be able to print out a font list.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC5502 with adobe sc card print issue

Same issue here but with a MPC2800. I have checked everything Brianneoe suggested and still have the same exact problem as digicor. When I try setting up printer with a IP address I get this message- "unable to verify the printer on your network".
    I have no issue with Windows and can ping copier.
    Mac can see WIM.
    Tried using Bonjour setting to set up printer
    Tried using IP setting to set up printer
    Installed new Adobe PS with no change! In slot 1 bty.
    Any other idea's would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    Same issue here but with a MPC2800. I have checked everything Brianneoe suggested and still have the same exact problem as digicor. When I try setting up printer with a IP address I get this message- "unable to verify the printer on your network".
    I have no issue with Windows and can ping copier.
    Mac can see WIM.
    Tried using Bonjour setting to set up printer
    Tried using IP setting to set up printer
    Installed new Adobe PS with no change! In slot 1 bty.
    Any other idea's would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    "unable to verify the printer on your network" sounds like the computer is looking for the ppd file but can't find it in its library. Im not sure if Ricoh is supporting this model with the newest MAC OS. Did you download and run the ppd installer if available? MAC OS from 10.6 and newer have a Genetic PCL driver. Did that work? MAC has a "Terminal" command in its "Utility" folder, did you try to ping the machine from the MAC's Terminal command. Even if the PS chip was the problem, you would not see a "unable to verify the printer on your network"at the MAC. Is the MAC on a different subnet? HTTP will crossover a but Bonjour won't.

10.7 was alway problematic as far as setting up printing. All other OS has worked for me without any issue. Can you verify that the PS option is recognized on the MFP? If you are trying to connect a 10.7 box, download the ppd and copy it to the desktop. When you add the printer using the IP address, for Protocol, use HP Jetdirect. Change "Name" if you want something other than the IP address and in the "Use" tab select "other". Browse to your ppd on the desktop and complete the installation.

Good luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I brought in a MP301spf and hooked it up to the Mac's and had no issue. Turned out to be the BICU on the MPC2800! I'm not sure why but that was it!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

The 02 range need to have the PostScript option installed and then merged, as per the manual. I'd try reading that if I were you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    The 02 range need to have the PostScript option installed and then merged, as per the manual. I'd try reading that if I were you.
    As per my post clearly stated in the very first sentence I'm working with a MPC2800 NOT a MPC5502. I'd try reading that if I were you!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    As per my post clearly stated in the very first sentence I'm working with a MPC2800 NOT a MPC5502. I'd try reading that if I were you!
    I was replying to the original subject of the thread, not to you. If you tried reading the title of the OP's thread which you piggybacked onto, you'll see that the question was regarding an MPc5502. As you'd already sorted your 2800 out, I was assuming that you were done here.