Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Ricoh MP201 spf The Automatic Document Feeder Does Not Pick Up Paper

Hello
    Problem is when I go to the Ricoh MP201 spf I switch the engine hear the ADF works, but when I put the paper in the ADF, bring no paper. when I press the Copy button. if I put the paper in the ADF 1 and turn it on, I saw the tractor paper about 10cm then stop, I press copy button clutch not working,I do not understand where problems again

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Perhaps not a feeding but a sensor problem then?

Technician

Sounds like its a sensor problem if you say it takes the paper in for about 10cm then stops. Check your sensors. I'd start by checking if any dirt is stuck in there and cleaning it. Next step would be to replace sensor and check.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chicko View Post
    Sounds like its a sensor problem if you say it takes the paper in for about 10cm then stops. Check your sensors. I'd start by checking if any dirt is stuck in there and cleaning it. Next step would be to replace sensor and check.
    +1

Sounds like dirty sensors. Check the black patch on the doc glass just to the left of the slit glass. If there is fluff and dirt in the little cup it causes problems when trying to use the ADF.

Also when you remove the document is there any damage on the leading edge?
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wiedu View Post
    Hello
    Problem is when I go to the Ricoh MP201 spf I switch the engine hear the ADF works, but when I put the paper in the ADF, bring no paper. when I press the Copy button. if I put the paper in the ADF 1 and turn it on, I saw the tractor paper about 10cm then stop, I press copy button clutch not working,I do not understand where problems again

change the cable from adf to machine

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

When you put the paper in and hit copy i would watch the pick up roller, make sure it comes down on top of the paper, then see if it spins or not, if it is spinning like its doing a burn out on the paper but paper is not moving then I would remove the assembly, remove the cover on the sep roller, flip up the white holder and clean the metal bottom where the spring presses against with a scotch pad and if possible replace the spring. If the tire is turning on the paper something is holding the paper back usually the sep roller is to tight.

If the tire is not turning but does come down on top of the paper then it could be a clutch, normally this would be sporadic it would kick in sometimes and work fine and other times not at all, unless its dead to the point of not working completely.

If you notice the tire is already in the down position before you insert paper then the paper is likely not getting under the tire, usually one way clutch (the black circle item with the bearing in it by the white C clip ) keeps the roller in up position is failing so rollers stay in down position when this happens customers aren't always able to get the paper completely under the pickup roller only the edge of it and it won't pull paper correctly.

If roller is in up position, tires are rotating, and paper gets passed the sep roller just a bit then stops with a jam alert then you probably have the sensor near the white plate covered in dust, or the black pocket area is full of dust or paper scrap setting off sensor.

The adf feeds pretty slow on this machine so even worn rollers tend to feed past their life because they dont spin that fast, I rarely have to change a pickup and feed roller, most commonly the sep roller and spring underneath have to be replaced the spring bends over time and fails to apply the right amount of tension.

I always clean sensor first, do sep spring second and clean the metal under it, probably have electric clutch fail more so then the feed/pick up rollers so i may try cleaning that or swapping it unless the rollers are visually really worn out. If the assembly is not lifting all the way i replace the one way clutch.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP201 spf The Automatic Document Feeder Does Not Pick Up Paper

Replace Original Detection sensor. Had one just a few weeks ago

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    change the cable from adf to machine
    Almost forgot this - you're right, we had several faulty df cables causing funny "for no reason" issues like this.

Technician

Hi, if you are still having this problem and you've tried everything mentioned. Check, and make sure that the paper pressure mylar is not missing. It is glued to the cover above the sensor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiedu View Post
    Hello,

when I turn on the Ricoh MP201 spf I can hear the engine, The ADF is working, but when I put the paper on the ADF, it only pick up a little bit of paper but not the whole paper, when I push the button to copy. What is the problem?

No Error Code appears.

Thanks
    Problem clutch not start moto pickup roller