Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB Dick 6770

MaryRH

Red face AB Dick 6770

Hello,
    I have a Digital Duplicator AB Dick 6770, it is same as Ricoh Vt 3800 or something like that.
    My problem is it feeds several sheets no matter what I do. Seems the timing is off or something. I have the manual but can't seem to get to problem as I am not tech. It makes a master o.k. it feeds one sheet that overlaps another then the next one.
    Would like to know if anyone is familiar with this.
    Thanks,
    Mary

imaginGuru

Basic

This is basic to any paper feed system, I'd advice you to call a service tech because youll have to buy parts for the paper feed system. probably the feed rollers and the retard pad(or retard roller, Im not familiar with this model) and install them.(disassembly+reassembly involved).

imaginGuru.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    I agree, it's probably related to the feed-in portion of the duplicator. I would also contact a technician familiar with duplicators and let them 'do their magic.'

They will probably end up replacing the feed-in parts, i.e. roller, separation pad/roller. That's what it sounds like to me. Also, feed rollers and such, that relate to duplicators, in my experience, are some of the longest lasting rollers I've ever seen. I have some dup's with 6+ mill, and I only clean the rollers and pads. That is just my experience, and other dup's will vary, of course.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

MaryRH

Smile Thanks

Thanks,
    This is an older machine and AB Dick is no longer around. We had the machine when we had another business and are just using it again. It was a good machine. I just wished I knew more and had more experience with techs here.
    Thanks again. I appreciate it.
    Mary

Service Manager 250+ Posts hodgiepodgie's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MaryRH View Post
    Hello,
    I have a Digital Duplicator AB Dick 6770, it is same as Ricoh Vt 3800 or something like that.
    My problem is it feeds several sheets no matter what I do. Seems the timing is off or something. I have the manual but can't seem to get to problem as I am not tech. It makes a master o.k. it feeds one sheet that overlaps another then the next one.
    Would like to know if anyone is familiar with this.
    Thanks,
    Mary
    i will double check but you might chek magnetic feed clutch.you said it was shingle feeding right

It is a cross to a Ricoh VT3600.

There looks like 4 feed in rollers-5506-4169 part #

And, there seems to be one separation roller-c209-5095 and a separation plate-c209-5018.

I am not sure about the plate, and how it affects the separation mechanism as much as the roller will, but call a Ricoh, Savin or Gestetner dealer and they will be able to send out a dup. tech that can get the parts for you. It looks like the cost will be at least 1 hr of labor plus the parts.

From the looks of the diagram, it seems to be a fairly involved process to thoroughly disassemble the parts, but I have not done this on the model, so, as a tech comfortable with this model, it may be relatively easy.

MaryRH

AB Dick 6770

It takes 1 sheet prints about 3/4 of it takes the second sheet and feeds a third just hitting the proof button.
    I had a guy say the clutch but he didn't know anything about these copiers. I don't even see the clutch mentioned in the manual.
    Thanks,
    Mary

I'm not seeing a clutch on the diagram. It looks like it's driven by a cam mechanism, but I am also not familiar with this duplicator.

I currently work on dup's, but they are Riso's, and their drive system is different than what is on these.

Since you can see what is happening, watch the paper being pulled in and see if the sep roller is NOT resisting the additional paper being pulled in. What I mean is, see if it is turning too easy. There should be enough resistance to hold back the 'drive' by the feed rollers. The sep roller is held in by a hex bolt that looks as though it gets tightened against the sep shaft. Make sure that the hex bolt is tight against the shaft and that the sep roller is not spinning on its own hub.

The fix may be simple-you never know.

MaryRH

No Fix yet

The paper feeds in tight. It will jam under the feed roller or just feed it through. It leaves a tight mark on the first sheet and the others go through, sometimes it jams other times it just feeds through the sheets. I have never had this problem with it before.
    Appreciate the help, anyone in this area that works on AB Dick Duplicators or Ricoh duplicators. St. Louis area, Greenville, IL.
    Thanks,
    Mary

yannis

AB Dick 6770 feed problem

My opinion for your feeding problem is the paper table up mechanism.Clean the sensor on the left side.This sensor activates the motor for raising the paper table and as a result, the top of the paper stack is constantly kept at the correct heigth .If this sensor is not working the paper table rises and presses the paper under the feed roller.So as the roller turns feeds many papers and the separartor can not work because the paper is tight.If you need any other information just ask me .