Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mpc 305spf j018

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Mpc 305spf j018

Hey all

Have an Mpc305 spf giving me some grief. Constant J018 jams meaning the Fuser entrance sensor. Have check sensors in sp58xx all toggling 1 to 0. Paper jams right by the itb unit and transfer roller. Replaced fusing unit, itb unit and entrance sensor. Jams from all two cassettes as well as bypass. Looks like itb unit is not turning. Put dot on end of belt tried to make a copy and jam. Cleared jam looked at itb and dot hasn't moved. Anyone experience anything like this? Going to open back to check the drive area next. Any input would be great.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: Mpc 305spf j018

Quote Originally Posted by catgoldfish View Post
    Hey all

Have an Mpc305 spf giving me some grief. Constant J018 jams meaning the Fuser entrance sensor. Have check sensors in sp58xx all toggling 1 to 0. Paper jams right by the itb unit and transfer roller. Replaced fusing unit, itb unit and entrance sensor. Jams from all two cassettes as well as bypass. Looks like itb unit is not turning. Put dot on end of belt tried to make a copy and jam. Cleared jam looked at itb and dot hasn't moved. Anyone experience anything like this? Going to open back to check the drive area next. Any input would be great.
    Before stripping out the drive have you tried output mode?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    Before stripping out the drive have you tried output mode?

Yes i tried the itb motor hi and lo. I can hear the motor turning but no itb belt turning. Was cheating the door open. Sp5804-022 and 023.

Yes i tried the itb motor hi and lo. I can hear the motor turning but no itb belt turning. Was cheating the door open. Sp5804-022 and 023.
    Sounds like you have no choice - you've tried a new unit, output mode etc looks ok.

Stripped one down a few years back but I don't envy you - good luck.

just a thought - does it have any image on the belt at all? Eg you do a sky shot or calibration?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    Sounds like you have no choice - you've tried a new unit, output mode etc looks ok.

Stripped one down a few years back but I don't envy you - good luck.

just a thought - does it have any image on the belt at all? Eg you do a sky shot or calibration?

Well nothing comes out cause of the jamming but i can see small 1/4 inch wide strips of all 4 colours when i remove the itb. Thats all that it puts on there. I think it puts it on there to start the rotations but the belt doesn't move. I know it looks like a lot of work. I've done the toner hopper mods a few times on this model and it takes a half day. Im sure its the same with this area.

Well nothing comes out cause of the jamming but i can see small 1/4 inch wide strips of all 4 colours when i remove the itb. Thats all that it puts on there. I think it puts it on there to start the rotations but the belt doesn't move. I know it looks like a lot of work. I've done the toner hopper mods a few times on this model and it takes a half day. Im sure its the same with this area.
    any relevant sc codes logged? But it sounds like the drive is turning, either a gear has come off or shredded to stop the belt turning.

let us know what you find out.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

No relevant codes pertaining to my issue now. There were codes sc899 and others like that. I will let you know what happens. The model thankfully has been discontinued but I have so many of them. Very bad and not tech service friendly.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc 305spf j018

FYI, J018 is not a fusing entrance jam. It is a Relay sensor late jam.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Mpc 305spf j018

Before you spend ages stripping the machine have you tried updating ALL the firmware? firmware can fix all kinds of faults on these little 305's!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    FYI, J018 is not a fusing entrance jam. It is a Relay sensor late jam.
    I pretty sure it's fuser entrance jam. I know this is a different model but most jam codes are the same for most machines.

Ricoh MP C3501 018 Jam