Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Firmware updates

Re: Firmware updates

Quote Originally Posted by barrylee66 View Post
    yea that's great you guys keep hanging on each others nuts, repping each other and liking each others posts 2500 posts 5000 posts how in the hell do you have time to go to work? you cant you spend all your time on here telling people that they are end users, and they are gonna take money out of your pocket when you get paid by the hour. I call it a power trip where you are in charge of everything, like I said I already have the info I needed 1 phone call. im out did you hear the microphone drop ???
    FYI, I do most of my posts from home. Occasionally, like today, we have a slack day at the office. I normally post here to offer suggestion as to how someone can take care of a problem. That does not include providing propriety software, firmware or printed materials to those who have yet to show that they are also here to help others. If installing firmware something that an unqualified individual could do, the manufacturers would make if available on their public websites. If you would get off your high horse and think about it calmly you might come to realize that you are acting childishly.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Firmware updates

yea that's great you guys keep hanging on each others nuts, repping each other and liking each others posts 2500 posts 5000 posts how in the hell do you have time to go to work? you cant you spend all your time on here telling people that they are end users, and they are gonna take money out of your pocket when you get paid by the hour. I call it a power trip where you are in charge of everything, like I said I already have the info I needed 1 phone call. im out did you hear the microphone drop ???
    How many mikes do you have to drop? Have been a few so far...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Firmware updates

no end user is going to come on here and ask you for specific versions of firmware. or try to do this update themselves.
    Actually, this happens more frequently than you might imagine.

i promise all of you i have repaired more copiers than all of you combined
    Lets not get crazy, now. I've been doing this since 88. I've run more than 20,000 service calls over 3 decades.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Firmware updates

We don't need this here, I hope he's really gone for good.

Firmware updates

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    We don't need this here, I hope he's really gone for good.
    Oh, but think of the amusement...
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    FYI, I do most of my posts from home. Occasionally, like today, we have a slack day at the office. I normally post here to offer suggestion as to how someone can take care of a problem. That does not include providing propriety software, firmware or printed materials to those who have yet to show that they are also here to help others. If installing firmware something that an unqualified individual could do, the manufacturers would make if available on their public websites. If you would get off your high horse and think about it calmly you might come to realize that you are acting childishly.
    Boy well said!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    How many mikes do you have to drop? Have been a few so far...

Sent from my Lenovo K920 using Tapatalk

Technician
    Firmware updates

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    dude you are so full of shit you have offered me some of your proprietary crap here before go through your thousands of posts and see just like you dug to see how much money I contribute. bunch of pussies just like your sigs. so don't try to tell me you don't give away firmware. If I was a dick like you I would just call the ricoh branch you work for and let them know. like I said I made 1 phone call and had the firmware you think is hard to get. and I think I will stay here just to annoy all of you.

Firmware updates

dude you are so full of shit you have offered me some of your proprietary crap here before go through your thousands of posts and see just like you dug to see how much money I contribute. bunch of pussies just like your sigs. so don't try to tell me you don't give away firmware. If I was a dick like you I would just call the ricoh branch you work for and let them know. like I said I made 1 phone call and had the firmware you think is hard to get. and I think I will stay here just to annoy all of you.
    Oh goody, we got a past-time!

As for the firmware, I gave away one to someone in fact a couple of days ago - A member with 266 posts and 18 rep points, someone with palpable contributions to this site's knowledge, and not just throwing money at it and yelling "here, here, look at me, I'm so generous it hurts!"

Boy, this is going to be fun! *pulls chair and popcorn*
    Mascan42

Ibid

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Firmware updates

Thanks for showing everyone your ignorance. The only upper case letter that you have used is the letter "I". Sounds mighty egotistic to me. Sorry but I do not and never have worked for a branch. I do however know what the laws in most states say about proprietary information. It is considered as corporate espionage. If you could get the firmware with one phone call, why didn't you do that for your friend in the first place.

Oh, by the way, we thought you said that you were leaving. Why then are you still around?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I once heard that only an uneducated person needs to use vulgarity to get their point across.

Looks like that person knew what they were talking about.

I can recall a few real "winners" on CTN over the past few years, yet somehow most, if not all of them, no matter how ridiculous, managed to stay civil.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins