Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: For my research purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The Round ones or the square ones......... ?

It's friday...

Huh round one or square one??

the star one

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aviso66 View Post
    Hello, Can anybody identify how many kind of rollers does a photocopy\ multifunctions copier have?
    Life lesson, some questions never need to be asked.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    For my research purpose.

Well, it *was* an harmless question, and to be honest a valid one for anyone not into the tech side of things. I believe the first answer was the best one - without giving more details it was pretty much it.

Out of curiosity, is english your first language? Because in my language (Portuguese) we distinguish "rolos" (pressure roller, fusing roller, cleaning roller...) from "roletos" (feed roller, pickup roller, double feed prevention roller...). In other languages something similar could ocur...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    For my research purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, it *was* an harmless question, and to be honest a valid one for anyone not into the tech side of things. I believe the first answer was the best one - without giving more details it was pretty much it.

Out of curiosity, is english your first language? Because in my language (Portuguese) we distinguish "rolos" (pressure roller, fusing roller, cleaning roller...) from "roletos" (feed roller, pickup roller, double feed prevention roller...). In other languages something similar could ocur...
    The question was equivalent to asking how many different types of idiots are there. No matter what you answer, there will be someone come along to prove you wrong.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    For my research purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    how many different types of idiots are there
    Now that you've spiked my curiosity - and strongly veering this discussion way offtopic - how many do you reckon there are?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

The question was quite valid as you said, but for it to be taken seriously, he should have mentioned a specific brand and model, so that a tech can give a reasonably accurate reply. With so many brands and models, the question is skewed and needed to be rephrased to a more specific target.
    To elaborate, each manufacturer designs are different and incorporates mechanisms that others do no. The end product is still a copier though but with differences. The list blackcat produced earlier pretty much describes the major parts required for a copier to function, [roller wise].
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    The question was quite valid as you said, but for it to be taken seriously, he should have mentioned a specific brand and model, so that a tech can give a reasonably accurate reply. With so many brands and models, the question is skewed and needed to be rephrased to a more specific target.
    To elaborate, each manufacturer designs are different and incorporates mechanisms that others do no. The end product is still a copier though but with differences. The list blackcat produced earlier pretty much describes the major parts required for a copier to function, [roller wise].
    How many rollers in BC's descriptive list does researcher Aviso66 actually comprehend?

I do like the fact that Aviso66 is doing research, I really commend him for that. Should we make a powerpoint presentation with some flash cards for his final exam? For any new guy to understand BC's roller list, the lesson would require a lot of images with descriptive explanations to fully grasp the answer to their own question.

There is probably not enough rollers inside an MFD that can be use under a 3000kg copier, that would allow the copier to be rolled up a plank layed flight of stairs. Even if those rollers were mechanically sound.
    how do you carry a 3000kg of photocopy machine up the stairs?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    For my research purpose.

Now that you've spiked my curiosity - and strongly veering this discussion way offtopic - how many do you reckon there are?
    Hard to tell as there are new one being found constantly.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    For my research purpose.

So what is this research for, aviso66? Are we setting up bins in the parts room, and need to know how many? What are you going to do with this data? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aviso66 View Post
    Hello, Can anybody identify how many kind of rollers does a photocopy\ multifunctions copier have?

Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints