Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: C5503 - Glossy paper

Quote Originally Posted by cordless12 View Post
    The customer will usually say "it used to do it"....
    i found changing the sleeve cured the problem.. For a while!! As soon as the belt does a few copies it's back! It's seems to be the belt itself putting the pattern on the copy. No solution I found..
    I got that exact line yesterday. MPC3503 replaced an MPC2500. I can't turn around to the customer and say "yes, the ten year old machine you've just gotten rid off was VASTLY superior to this plasticated pile of shit." You just muddle through, changing settings you should never, ever have to touch to keep the customer happy.

Re: C5503 - Glossy paper

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If it is taking a long time to spool, check that she is using the PCL6 or PCL5c Ricoh driver and not the Microsoft Ricoh class driver. Also check that it is not using a WSD port. I have seen the WSD port take up to 30 minutes to print one page. With the PCL6 Ricoh driver you can setup presets for each of the different items that she prints. I have a couple of funerals that I have done this for. That way all she has to remember is which to preset to use.
    Thanks. She's using the pcl 6 driver. We're not talking 30 minutes to spool. More like 2-3 for this full color background and color everything job. She really needs a fiery but is too cheap to do it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk