Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh GX 3050SFN display saying *Warning Remove Paper*, and then Ppr Misfd: Scan.Unit

Ricoh GX 3050SFN display saying *Warning Remove Paper*, and then Ppr Misfd: Scan.Unit

This is my personal machine I have been using for years and then this came up. I can find no paper inside anywhere. I have replaced from another working same machine: the doc feeder, scanner unit, the main board under the scanner unit. And also the waste container just in case that was messing things up. But the problem persists. Any ideas what this could be? I know, this machine does not have a lot of fans, but it has worked for me pretty well and I have a lot of gel inks still in stock.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh GX 3050SFN display saying *Warning Remove Paper*, and then Ppr Misfd: Scan.

Is it jam 14? If so, the encoder that runs through the print head is dirty. Clean both encoders.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh GX 3050SFN display saying *Warning Remove Paper*, and then Ppr Misfd: Scan.

Is it jam 14? If so, the encoder that runs through the print head is dirty. Clean both encoders.

Hey it didn't say Jam 14 anywhere but I cleaned it and voila, working now! Many thanks!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post

Hey it didn't say Jam 14 anywhere but I cleaned it and voila, working now! Many thanks!
    No worries. Bit of periodic maintenance is required if the encoders are dirty, take the maintenance unit out and run it under a tap to get rid of the excess ink, get a wet cloth and wipe the print heads once. They run a little happier after that.