Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP C4500 PCU Full of toner

Hi to all

I have problem with my Ricoh MP c4500, The Pcu i full of toner as you can see in picture, I tried to change, OPC drum, blade, and charge roler still same problem

Thanks Mile

IMG_0411.jpgIMG_0410.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C4500 PCU Full of toner

try changing the entire drum unit, it's not build for reworking - seems either the cleaning unit is clogged or the entrance mylar doesn't seal properly/is worn out.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    try changing the entire drum unit, it's not build for reworking - seems either the cleaning unit is clogged or the entrance mylar doesn't seal properly/is worn out.
    I think that the problem started when one costumer forced toner 2-3 times and after that initalise TD sensor, is there any way to back to normal?

Thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C4500 PCU Full of toner

Quote Originally Posted by m_donakov View Post
    I think that the problem started when one costumer forced toner 2-3 times and after that initalise TD sensor, is there any way to back to normal?

Thanks
    Customer did forced toner several times? And now you're somehow tasked with finding a cheap solution for them?
    Tell them that's what they get! and they need a new PCDU.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If there is any chance to fix i will tray, new PCU i last thing becouse it is cost 150eur, and all machine secound hand cost 500 eur

Thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

There won't be any chance to fix. They've run TD sensor initial setting at completely the wrong toner concentration and now the dev is overtoning, contaminating the PCU. It needs a new one and a new bag of dev on that colour.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

Automatic Color Calibration can fix meny problems related to developing unit or you can do some corrections using service mode.
    To me it looks like you have a problem with old drum unit,you may have rebuild it but the assembly is old and silicone tape that is cowering recycling coil is bent on the inside,it's separated from the drum and alows the waste toner to dust and pile up like on the photo.
    It happened to me once on Magenta and Yellow drum units that ran for about 140k pages and users didn't see it fit to call me until it was serious,I replaced entire drum units and it works like a charm.
    My advice is that you replace entire PCU unit...or figure out how to fix that tape so it don't bent on the inside and solve overtoned developer problem.
    Allso don't alow your customers to force toner and initiate TD sensors on machines you are working on...they can only be alowed to remove jamed paper,replace toner bottle and complain about machine.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Hey they made their gravy by messing around in SP mode and forcing toner. Now they can stew in it. You might be able to get some of that extra toner out by running many high coverage images through and then trying a developer initialization again.

That PCU is probably shot though.

Clean out the drum unit, disconnect the toner pump, run sky shots of just that color to remove toner. When its at a good balance then reconnect pump. Reinitialize TD sensor.
    If the customer does not want to pay and you need a solution try anything to get it back close to where it started.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I would do the same as tufbnme previous post.

Otherwise if you have the PCU already dissembled.
    Another method to remove excess toner out of the developer material:

[See inserted link]
    "http:\\www.copytechnet.com/forums/ricoh-savin-gestetner-lanier/103598-mp-c4500-image-repetition-after-changing-toner-compatible-one.html#post493763"

Mp c4500 Image repetition after changing the toner with compatible one
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••