Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD Cards

Technician
    SD Cards

Question SD Cards

I have seen many people talk about SD cards on here.

I know about:

Print/Scanner
    Postscript
    Java

Has anyone run into a SD Card that has just SD logo on it and numbers (2-0805) (B8375001P)

It has files on it, they have the (.lic) file extension and one would assume is licence keys.
    It also has language files, is just a storage medium for the copier?

Sorry don't know what Model it came out of, we recycle them when they break and so we pull the SD cards and HHD/SSD out of the machines.

Any Insights?

Thanks

2020 Retired 50+ Posts

Re: SD Cards

The part number is for the MP C4500 print/scan.
    I've no idea what files should or should not be present on the card.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SD Cards

The .lic files would be the license files for the Print/Scan function. The other files should be the program files for print/scan.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

As was mentioned it is the printer/scanner option card. The card is serial number locked to the first machine it was put into and will not work with any other machine.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If you don't actually need that SD card, clear out everything on it and then use it for firmware updates. That's what I did with that type of SD card anyway.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    If you don't actually need that SD card, clear out everything on it and then use it for firmware updates. That's what I did with that type of SD card anyway.
    I've done the same with some. I think it only works with Java cards as the rest tend to be permanently write protected. Cheap way to get a SD that's only a few hundred MB if you have a picky machine.

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    I've done the same with some. I think it only works with Java cards as the rest tend to be permanently write protected. Cheap way to get a SD that's only a few hundred MB if you have a picky machine.
    This just might be for the SD cards from older machines, but I found that pretty much any of them work perfectly for firmware updates, unless they were actually damaged in some fashion anyway. I think some of the more difficult ones just need to be formatted with the Panasonic utility first. I don't have the bookmark for that anymore in this browser thanks to a brain fart, but I think I still have it in one of the other browsers on this machine, so I'll look for it if you want. I imagine as much irritation as that caused back in the day though, others have that at the ready right now.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    SD Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    This just might be for the SD cards from older machines, but I found that pretty much any of them work perfectly for firmware updates, unless they were actually damaged in some fashion anyway. I think some of the more difficult ones just need to be formatted with the Panasonic utility first. I don't have the bookmark for that anymore in this browser thanks to a brain fart, but I think I still have it in one of the other browsers on this machine, so I'll look for it if you want. I imagine as much irritation as that caused back in the day though, others have that at the ready right now.
    here is link for Panasonic formatter (thanks goes out to slimslob):

SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Formatting Software | Download | SD Memory Card | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

SD usually means SanDisk and is usually a storage device,
    you can use it for firmware, updating java, media library etc... usually the card is labeled if it has proprietary software already loaded on it, back it up and use it as needed. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by techno77 View Post
    SD usually means SanDisk
    Well, maybe to SanDisk employees it does, but to the rest of the world it means this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital Here's their home page: https://www.sdcard.org/