Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2352 When scan or fax selected start button turns from green to red...

Ricoh Aficio 2352 When scan or fax selected start button turns from green to red...

This problem started when the IT guy was troubleshooting the fact that PDF's were taking forever to print. He calls me and reported this problem.
    ****Ricoh Aficio 2352 When scan or fax selected start button turns from green to red****
    Headed there tomorrow and would appreciate any feedback Thanks so much !!!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2352 When scan or fax selected start button turns from green to red.

Could be as simple as an original on the glass, jam in the DF, etc...

Probably something really easy like that.

Don't assume he's giving you all the pertinent information, such as a message on the screen that just might mean something.

Most IT folks are not much different from end users when it comes to MFPs; it's simply just not their thing. (Note that I said "most".)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2352 When scan or fax selected start button turns from green to red.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    ****Ricoh Aficio 2352 When scan or fax selected start button turns from green to red****
    I don't know what slow PDF printing would have to do with the other issue so I have to ask, because it wasn't made clear:
    Is it red even after a destination is selected? because it will be unless and until thats done

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

check all the interface network addresses: ip address, dns, gateway, smtp server, email address of the "main-user",...

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

PDF's taking forever to print? Hah, tell them to put up with it. Anything including and below a 3503 in the MPC range have slower processors. Probably true for the mono machines too. Nothing can be done about it, that is just the way it is.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There has also been a lot of treads concerning the same PDF matter. Mostly the cause is a (class) driver issue, or a wsd port, or interface settings changed... There is also a tread concerning the red light of a fax button... Have you read that already?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    There has also been a lot of treads concerning the same PDF matter. Mostly the cause is a (class) driver issue, or a wsd port, or interface settings changed... There is also a tread concerning the red light of a fax button... Have you read that already?
    I agree. My money is on the WSD port that is used when the PC's are set to 'turn on automatic setup of network devices"

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Could be as simple as an original on the glass, jam in the DF, etc...

Probably something really easy like that.

Don't assume he's giving you all the pertinent information, such as a message on the screen that just might mean something.

Most IT folks are not much different from end users when it comes to MFPs; it's simply just not their thing. (Note that I said "most".)
    Turned out to be a paper jam... Thanks again for your feed back !!!

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    I think that will be the solution. After selecting a destination or inserting a fax number, the start button becomes green.
    That was the solution thanks again for your feedback !!

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I agree. My money is on the WSD port that is used when the PC's are set to 'turn on automatic setup of network devices"
    The IT guy said he changed from the WSD and made it direct to IP and that fixed the PDF issue... THANKS SO MUCH !!!