Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Update java

msanders21

Update java

How do I update Java

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Update java

Any particular machine? It is different for the newer models to the old ones. Do you have access to the My-ricoh site to download the java files?

A word of caution, if you have options installed using java, E:G: PCC (equitrac) the offical line is to disable and then un-install them first, otherwise there is a possibility they may not function correctly. You will need to re-install and re-fonfigure them after the update if they have been installed on the java sd card or in the FM section on newer device.

I use the UPD type files. Download and extract the file.

If you have a machine with an SD card you can remove, insert the card into your card reader. (Obvious I know, just making sure)
    run the "updatetover.bat" file in the extracted folder (if there is one) and a dos screen will ask what drive the sd card is in. Once selected, the installer updates automatically.

Another way if there is no installer file in the extracted folder is to copy the "SDK" folder onto the sd card, and it will replace the files in the existing folder. (You might want to copy the old folder to your pc first, just in case you need to restore it if something goes wrong)

For the newer device where the java is installed in the machine, you copy the 1st "SDK" folder you come to onto the root of the sd card and insert into the service slot. Power the machine on and it should install automatically, showing "/updating java" in the bottom left hand corner. It will show "SUCCESS" if it has completed successfully. "Failed" if it has not.

Bit long winded but hope this helps.