Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Broken Fuser gears 2075- MP 8000

Re: Broken Fuser gears 2075- MP 8000

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    It does not matter how old this thread is, the question is, what gear is the newest/most reliable? I'd like to know also, as they are still failing?
    Then start a new thread.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

It does not matter how old this thread is, the question is, what gear is the newest/most reliable? I'd like to know also, as they are still failing?
    plastic is plastic,so it is meant to be the weak link..and crack,break etc..........'I like that they go honestly,a very easy service $$$$call and if it happens a few months later i end up popping in a new pressure roller as they cause "bounce" from all the flat spots..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hy
    Did someone had problems with broken fuser gears on this series? I experienced a lot of broken gears during the year...i know ricoh changed the material , earlier gears was yellow...now they are grey...but the problem is the same....they break very easily. Yesterday i cleaned a machine...i made a print of the counter before i start to disassemble everything. ..then...after cleaning i made another counter to have a kind of "then and now"..and the machine jams in the fuser....gear broken...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

hello, this is one of the most classic problems on that machine, when you rebuild the fuser, or change the gear, I suggest you also replace the bushings of the fuser roller, because by consuming they work the fuser roller with an oscillating rolling effect, which makes sting the gear teeth accelerating the break when the material is cooked

worker drone 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hello, this is one of the most classic problems on that machine, when you rebuild the fuser, or change the gear, I suggest you also replace the bushings of the fuser roller, because by consuming they work the fuser roller with an oscillating rolling effect, which makes sting the gear teeth accelerating the break when the material is cooked
    Bad engineering... Typically, a gear with a flat area to prevent rotation on it's mounted part will break in the corner of the flats at the thinnest area. Ricoh gears break in the middle of the curved area on both sides. The gear tries to spin inside and widen when it stretches and fails. I believe that if it had a flat spot on one side only, they would last longer. Agree that the problem root is flat spotted pressure rollers.

It kinda DOES matter considering the new style fuser gear you can't use for those older fusers.
    They were redesigned for the MP6002 and upwards.
    You asked and you have your answer.
    YES they redesigned the gear but you can't use it on an old clunker like a 2075 or an 8000.
    And to answer your next question yes...they do still break,just not as frequently

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    i have been told that the gear breaks due to flat spots on the press roller, it causes uneven pressure on that gear. i have found very few press rollers with flat spots when i did have to replace the gear. so i'm no sure how true that its. but its something to look at.
    Flats spots don’t help but they break a lot the updated gear is Ab012233

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    It kinda DOES matter considering the new style fuser gear you can't use for those older fusers.
    They were redesigned for the MP6002 and upwards.
    You asked and you have your answer.
    YES they redesigned the gear but you can't use it on an old clunker like a 2075 or an 8000.
    And to answer your next question yes...they do still break,just not as frequently
    We use new gear on all that series users fyi

Quote Originally Posted by dpoutz View Post
    We use new gear on all that series users fyi
    My understanding was that there gear was physically wider and sits too far over the hot roller.
    Mind you....we have nothing older than a 6002 left in our region.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fireater View Post
    • so which gear is better the AB012233? or the AB01 2316?
    • the AB012316 is from the mp6002 parts guide but precision roller shows it fits much older models.
    • the AB012233 on precision roller shows it fits new models including mp6002.
    • which gear is newer (supposed to be better longer lasting?)
    • makes me confused
    2233 the 2316 I believe is for the 1060/9001/9002 only the 2062 was replaced by 2233

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    My understanding was that there gear was physically wider and sits too far over the hot roller.
    Mind you....we have nothing older than a 6002 left in our region.
    You are lucky,we have, together with brand new models, some old Aficio 1060/2075....
    Memento Audere Semper