Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP6002 change of serial number SC995-00

Hi All, In my wisdom I tried something which I'd previously done on MP5500's to get around "you don't have privileges" in user tools admin authorisation.
    So I've used an NVRAM from another MP6002, (renamed the file serial number on my laptop) and uploaded it to the copier.
    This caused SC995-00, and the only way to clear this is to set the serial number (5811-1 & 2) to the serial number of the machine I took the NVRAM download from initially.
    Whilst I have a print of the SMC (All SP) I don't have the original upload (corrupted).
    I've even text edited the NVRAM file and changed the serial numbers (found in 3 places) and tried uploading this but I'm still back in the same mess I created, I've now got two machines with the same serial number.
    open to ideas on this one.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: MP6002 change of serial number SC995-00

I don't have a solution for you, only a question:
    Why go through all that trouble in the first place?
    Why wouldn't you have just simply logged into the machine and turned off "Authentication" to solve your "privileges" message?

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I don't have a solution for you, only a question:
    Why go through all that trouble in the first place?
    Why wouldn't you have just simply logged into the machine and turned off "Authentication" to solve your "privileges" message?
    Well, in short this didn't work when I had two similar bought in MP5500's which seemed to be locked out and as said my original method worked to acces them.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peter762 View Post
    Well, in short this didn't work when I had two similar bought in MP5500's which seemed to be locked out and as said my original method worked to acces them.
    Didn't work?
    It's really difficult to help if you don't provide all the details, so why not explain what you mean by "didn't work", because this is the EASY solution for your problem.

- You couldn't log in?
    - You don't know how to log in?
    - The default username of "admin" didn't work?
    - The "supervisor" username that allows you to login and reset the admin password didn't work?

But, if you'd prefer to keep it short then good luck

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I would suggest that you now buy a new NVRAM from Ricoh parts. One that has never been in another machine. Sp 5811 should only be used to enter the original serial number of the actual machine that you are working on. Better hope you have the birth certificate.

In the future, if you do not know the machine administrator password, you log in as supervisor with no password and change the administrator name/password. DO not attempt anything else as supervisor because changing the administrator credentials is the only thing that supervisor can do.

There is another to change it but if we told you you would most likely change things that should never should be changed.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There is another to change it but if we told you you would most likely change things that should never should be changed.
    Well I mean he's only lobotomized one machine, why stop there?

As to OP it looks like new NVRAM chips are your best bet, hopefully you didn't cook anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Well I mean he's only lobotomized one machine, why stop there?

As to OP it looks like new NVRAM chips are your best bet, hopefully you didn't cook anything else.
    This one has gone off on a tangent to the MP5500 issue which was resolved by the same outside of the box action.
    On the MP6002 the upload of another box NVRAM has rectified a problem with print quality going faint within 1k of new developer (a problem prior to dev change). This is a recently purchased box 450k service history from national operation which came in with several problems not stated.
    My question is a short one in two parts SC995-00 (not 01-04) is not listed in the service manual, and has anyone had to change the serial number on an MP6002 (if so how)
    Replacing the NVRAM would probably be my next step, however as the serial number is held in more than one location is this going to work.
    i have the equivalent of the birth certificate in print form, so I can rebuild this. However doing a memory clear does not remove the serial number data, which is my sticking point.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

SP5811 in Factory SP changes the serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    SP5811 in Factory SP changes the serial number.
    Ok, changing engineer level SP5811 -1&2 brings up SC995-00.
    how are you accessing "Factory SP"?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Fit the original NVram back in the machine, change any serial number back to the correct original one.

Once the machine is ready access the WIM log in as supervisor from here you can change the admin password back to the default blank one.

If you can not log in a supervisor you can clear the admin password from "special SP mode"

You should never swap an NVRAM from one machine to another, only ever fit new chips.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk