Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Ricoh lcd issue.

The machine is a Lanier LD533c. The customer called saying the control panel wouldn't work. The screen was illuminated but blank with a thumbprint size of blue pixels in the upper left hand screen. I swapped the lcd with one from a parts machine. I get the same result without the blue pixels. The touch screen works. I was able to print a meter by hitting where the buttons should be. I called tech support and their advise was to start with the cable that the panel plugs into, then the board it plugs into, then the next board and so on. Problem is that I don't have a parts machine with boards. Has anyone seen this and can you point me to a more specific resolution.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh lcd issue.

Re: Ricoh lcd issue.

Fix have you tried reloading the LCDC firmware?????????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

No, didn't know about it. Tech support never mentioned it. Thanks.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Ok. You replaced the LCD. It works.

Did you calibrate the Touch Screen overlay?

1993 + C/S + C/S hold

???

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

As far as the firmware goes, it did not occur to me that Ricoh firmware has to be loaded using the touchscreen until I was writing it. I called the company we have do our board repairs and got the info I wanted. That the characters I am missing on the screen are put there by the board the screen plugs into. I kind of assumed that, but wanted a definite answer. I did not swap it because the only match is a brand new machine and they won't let me touch it. I will order that board. The guy at Hytec said this is a rare problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh lcd issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    As far as the firmware goes, it did not occur to me that Ricoh firmware has to be loaded using the touchscreen until I was writing it. I called the company we have do our board repairs and got the info I wanted. That the characters I am missing on the screen are put there by the board the screen plugs into. I kind of assumed that, but wanted a definite answer. I did not swap it because the only match is a brand new machine and they won't let me touch it. I will order that board. The guy at Hytec said this is a rare problem.
    You can load remote firmware using WIM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You can load remote firmware using WIM.

I was looking in the manual for another way to load it, and the obvious escaped me. None of the tech support I talked to thought it would be firmware related. Of course I should have know that already. Been a stressful week. A 5 foot long postage machine at the DOJ can really mess your week up. I think my IT dept should have clued me in when I ask. They do this shit all the time. My week has consisted of a Bz 42 that only works when I stand beside it, quits when I leave. A Bz 552 with a noise I can't find. Postage machine I only see once a year. Then there are the Dell and Lexmark printers at my table. Then there was the depressing trip to Lumberton. That is the town I posted a pic of in Random thoughts thread that looks like someone built a town in the middle of a lake. Place looks like a third world country now. Anyway, thank you guys for responding. I will update when fixed.

I really feel dumb about the firmware issue. My only excuse is that after all these years of working on machines for the military with no internet hook up, I got used to doing everything at the control panel. It's just a lame excuse, but the only one I have for being slack.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

You're not dumb. Not everyone can remember everything they are ever taught. If we could, we would have brains the size of a car and would definitely NOT be copier techs.

The issue with the LCD was resolved by changing the board that it plugs into, I forget it's proper name. It was pretty much plug and play. Did not need firmware or any calibration. Ricoh and Hytech tech support both said this was an issue that was not that common.