Thread: Ricoh 5054

jrodriguezsax

Exclamation Ricoh 5054

Hey fellow techs. I have a Ricoh 5054 that the pressure roler was replaced and now the paper wont enter the fusing unit. It appears there is too much pressure. I put thr original parts in and still have the same condition. The fusing unit turn in IO check. When I remove the pressure roller tension springs paper moves almost a quarter out of the fuser.

I did the pressure rollers and ball bearing sp adjustments and it doesnt make a difference. I need help. Customer has been down 3 days.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 5054

Do not run the fuser with the output check in these models. It can damage the fusing sleeve. It's probably a bad idea to run the fuser on any model with a sleeve belt fuser. There are specific steps in the service manual if you need to check the fusing drive motor.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 5054

Re: Ricoh 5054

Quote Originally Posted by jrodriguezsax View Post
    Hey fellow techs. I have a Ricoh 5054 that the pressure roler was replaced and now the paper wont enter the fusing unit. It appears there is too much pressure. I put thr original parts in and still have the same condition.
    If it worked before you replaced the pressure roller, you need to backtrack on all you did. Too much pressure I dont know how you would achieve this. An excessive amount of pressure would result in paper creasing, damaged rollers and broken drive gears. Normally if paper is not feeding into the fuser it's a result of a entrance guide problem (dirty or misadjusted), or a fuser drive problem (broken gear). Could be a sensor issue around the fuser. Whats the jam code?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING