Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Ricoh aficio 2035 engine strange background image problem using 8 1/2 x 11R only?

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Like i said though i dont know what you mean by the R in your paper size description i could be way off on my thinking.

R = SEF paper feed...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh aficio 2035 engine strange background image problem using 8 1/2 x 11R only?

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    I am not sure by what you mean with the R and non R setting of paper size. I am assuming you mean portrait or landscape or the SEF / LEF. This model does have different transfer voltage based on paper size but it I think only changes if smaller then 8.5 width and/or if your running thicker paper settings using the bypass, so unless your dials are registering incorrect widths of paper settings this shouldn't really change. You should be able to set the paper size in the user tools and set the dials.

The sp2301 on through 2309 have to do with transfer currents and paper size adjustments for voltage applied on the belt, the belt does adjust voltage at leading edge to image area. I think this is probably over complicated it would be more likely to have bad contacts or transfer belt unit. If your getting background though it sounds like there is to much voltage on the transfer belt pulling excess toner causing shading.

Like i said though i dont know what you mean by the R in your paper size description i could be way off on my thinking.
    Hi, yes the "R" i was referring to is loading the paper in the drawer so its lead edge is the 8 1/2 width. the non "R" is loading the paper the other way in the drawer so the lead edge, ( the edge that is being pulled by pick up rollers and enters the machine first, ) is the 11 inch side. back in the day, that is what that direction drawer was labeled. before portrate and landscape i do believe. like i said, two distinct areas of background on parts of the copy with a ghost image of the test pattern things but not a black double image but the test pattern name for example is white or hollow within the background area.
    i haven't been back yet to check those voltages and settings. i really appreciate your input. now get out and vote. have a nice day, Jim

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh aficio 2035 engine strange background image problem using 8 1/2 x 11R only??

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi, yes the "R" i was referring to is loading the paper in the drawer so its lead edge is the 8 1/2 width. the non "R" is loading the paper the other way in the drawer so the lead edge, ( the edge that is being pulled by pick up rollers and enters the machine first, ) is the 11 inch side. back in the day, that is what that direction drawer was labeled. before portrate and landscape i do believe. like i said, two distinct areas of background on parts of the copy with a ghost image of the test pattern things but not a black double image but the test pattern name for example is white or hollow within the background area.
    i haven't been back yet to check those voltages and settings. i really appreciate your input. now get out and vote. have a nice day, Jim
    In the future you might want to use the current terminology of SEF and LEF. "R" and "non R" are from the analog days and referred reduction of 11 X 17 to 8 1/2 X 11. With digital models it no longer has any meaning since the image can be rotated in memory.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In the future you might want to use the current terminology of SEF and LEF. "R" and "non R" are from the analog days and referred reduction of 11 X 17 to 8 1/2 X 11. With digital models it no longer has any meaning since the image can be rotated in memory.
    ok, understood. can you tell me what those acronyms mean? and hopefully i will remember when i need to reference in the future.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh aficio 2035 engine strange background image problem using 8 1/2 x 11R only??

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    ok, understood. can you tell me what those acronyms mean? and hopefully i will remember when i need to reference in the future.

SEF = Short Edge Feed
    LEF = Long Edge Feed

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SEF = Short Edge Feed
    LEF = Long Edge Feed
    thank you. makes perfect sense.