Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ricoh MP 3500 waste toner box full

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you vacuum the box at all you run the risk of creating enough static to blow the sensor. You also fill up your vacuum filter. Just dump them in a plastic waste basket liner. I have cats. I therefore have plastic buckets with lids that the cat litter comes in that 4 gallon bags fit purrfectly. Once I dump a waste toner, I snap the lid back on. Depending on the machine, I can get anywhere from 2 to 5 machines in one bag.
    Purrfectly...I see what u did there

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you vacuum the box at all you run the risk of creating enough static to blow the sensor. You also fill up your vacuum filter. Just dump them in a plastic waste basket liner. I have cats. I therefore have plastic buckets with lids that the cat litter comes in that 4 gallon bags fit purrfectly. Once I dump a waste toner, I snap the lid back on. Depending on the machine, I can get anywhere from 2 to 5 machines in one bag.
    Does Ricoh still send the developer disposal bags with new developer orders? I used those for emptying used toner in all the time and they worked great. I think I've still got some of them out in the stealth van.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 3500 waste toner box full

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Does Ricoh still send the developer disposal bags with new developer orders? I used those for emptying used toner in all the time and they worked great. I think I've still got some of them out in the stealth van.
    Yes.

Ricoh parts used to put parts in long plastic bags fro shipping. Those bags were ideal for the 35/45 and 40/50 models.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If the waste toner isn't full with message, you can clean the sensor with a rag. They are old school piso sensors.

tec7

deactivate the toner full sensor. 2960* Toner Overflow Sensor [0 = No, 1 = Yes]