Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh MP 5000B TD Sensor initialization failure

Hiya folks. I'm working on an MP 5000B. Just replaced the developer and developer unit to address recurring toner "dusting" (machine had an old style developer unit). However when attempting to run the TD sensor initialization SP 2801, I get the message "failed". My understanding is that this is caused by an old engine firmware, which has never been updated on this machine.

Would anyone be kind enough to send me the engine firmware for this unit? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 5000B TD Sensor initialization failure

Re: Ricoh MP 5000B TD Sensor initialization failure

I could be a bad TD sensor on the development unit. Does the development unit you put in work in another machine?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

there is a tech bulletin on that issue. you are correct, you will need to update the firmwareto get rid of the failed message. In all actuality, that is a false "failed" message... it really did work.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I could be a bad TD sensor on the development unit. Does the development unit you put in work in another machine?
    I haven't tested the developer unit in another machine, as it is 1) a new replacement part from ricoh and 2) this is the only instance of this machine that I've got in the field. I'm hoping they didn't send me a defective part, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    there is a tech bulletin on that issue. you are correct, you will need to update the firmwareto get rid of the failed message. In all actuality, that is a false "failed" message... it really did work.
    Thanks for the confirmation! Any idea if it is a false "failed" message, does that mean the TD sensor correctly initialized and it will work and all of the voltages will be correct (vsg, vsp, yadda yadda)? In other words, is this just an annoying message that I can ignore, or am I going to run into problems if I don't update the firmware?