Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Angry light copy in mp2501

After maintance i replaced developr , drum and blade.
    At the top side copy is light. I cleaned optic, try with an other opc drum, checked transfer roller
    checked developer and everything looks ok. and do developer initialize
    Can anybody tell me where the problem is?

Re: light copy in mp2501

Did you replace the dev before you initialised it?

Check the bushings on the paper transfer roller, if one breaks then it can cause uneven image transfer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

i replaced dev and do developer initialize
    and i replecd anew ptr kit from another device and its same problem

by the way when i rotated the paper by long the photo is very good but when i feed paper width its give the light

2020 Retired 50+ Posts

Check the laser polygon mirror motor for dust buildup on the corners of the mirror surfaces.
    Dust can collect on the lead edge as the mirrors rotate and produce a light image on one side.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Before pulling out the mirror motor i would check the laser shield, the glass shield should be right under the toner hopper it may have the cover on it just one screw and remove the plastic cover then pull out the glass shield, it gets dirty on the front side from toner dropping around the pcu, if only an inch or 2 is covered then short edge feed would look normal as the paper is not long enough front to rear for the laser to get blocked, but wide edge will have the the top inch or 2 of the image blocked it can appear light or no image at all depending on how blocked the shield is.

Technician

You need to isolate your fault first.

Do a copy and check if the fault is there.

Do an internal print (something like printing the pcl fonts page) and see if the fault is still there.

If the fault is with both the copy and print then,

Clean optics, clean CCD and lens. Also note that this unit could be faulty and causing the fault. Damages caused by power surges, brown outs or lightning. Put on and test.

Then wipe the shield on the laser unit. Put on and test.

Still have a fault? Remove laser unit and wipe and the mirrors and the polygon motor with a moist cloth and make sure its dry and glittering when done.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Before pulling out the mirror motor i would check the laser shield, the glass shield should be right under the toner hopper it may have the cover on it just one screw and remove the plastic cover then pull out the glass shield, it gets dirty on the front side from toner dropping around the pcu, if only an inch or 2 is covered then short edge feed would look normal as the paper is not long enough front to rear for the laser to get blocked, but wide edge will have the the top inch or 2 of the image blocked it can appear light or no image at all depending on how blocked the shield is.
    Ricoh in their devine wisdom, took away the little access cover (like on the AF1018 and before), which means to get to the laser shield glass, one has to take off the whole front cover - the one you normally open to access the toner hopper, inner cover and all.
    Press the GREEN button!!