Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Re: Lanier ld520c jams from tray 1

Well if it works fine in tray 2 position it must be ok tray wise, i know that spring clutch is a pain for tray 1, #2 is easier to get at but of course 1 usually fails first. That spring clutch would be my only other thought besides a faulty paper end sensor or push switch. You could try swapping the paper end sensors from one and two around and test it, they get faulty and will cause paper out during feeding.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Well I can close this. I swapped the trays again, no change. I tried the buckle adjustment, no change. One of the other techs suggested doing a memory clear. I scoffed. In 18 years I have never fixed a jam that way. I cleared the engine, no change, just as I thought. I cleared the printer and copier and that goddamn thing has run about 250 pages so far and is still running. I don't get it, but I am happy it is running. Of course it makes me look bad after fighting this beast for 2 weeks, but shit happens.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Lanier ld520c jams from tray 1

Generally speaking, I like to clear function memories before I clear system or engine memory.