Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to Win 10 malfunction

Re: Scan to Win 10 malfunction

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re : OS Navigation.
    Same here. I too don't like having to find everything on other peoples custom windows GUI settings. The above is one of the reasons I'm building the iT-Toolbox software, so I can have a quick standard interface across different Windows GUI settings. I had a job a week ago where the operator changed everything around in the GUI. It's frustrating as they stand over you watching what you are doing as you try to navigate their custom GUI.
    How's that iT-Toolbox coming?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    How's that iT-Toolbox coming?
    Yes getting there... I had a run of software bugs that held me back for a day or two (ok a few weeks).

The festive season is now kicking in, along with the lazy backside bug...

We have the usual visitors along with the xmas celebrations that take up any spare time.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I was scanning to I was able to enter all data EXCEPT the folder authentication password. The "change"box for the password was an active box (not greyed out), but clicking on it did nothing, it would not take me to the screen where I could actually input the new password.
    I had the exact same issue last week, and today with a newer MP3352, I was able to make all the network settings for scan to email , etc, but it would not allow me to access the address book. I opened Firefox on the same PC, and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Sandy, I have 5 or 6 that I'm currently scanning to. An upgrade to win 10 wipes out all scanning functions and you have to start from scratch with the set up.
    Thanks for that....
    I generally have no issues setting up scanning, except for whatever reason these old boxes, that were once working fine on Windows 8 until "something" changed.
    I may have another go at it one day, but for the small number I have left, mixed with the fact that clients are fine with FTP and/or scan to email, I suppose it's not at the top of my priority list

Happy Holidays all!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    hi,

How to fix Windows 10 SMB scanning problems

Microsoft has been secretly steadily rolling out Windows 10 over the past 12 months. This in itself is not without controversy as many users found the update forced upon them with no obvious way to prevent it.
    Another issue it caused was to break the sharing connection between the PC and the MFD. If you use SMB scanning to a shared folder, upgrading to Windows 10 often prevents your scan from being received.
    Here’s how to fix it;

Password protected Sharing – As a security measure Windows 10 turns on Password Protected Sharing. This is actually a positive change in terms of security, as it prevents unauthorised accounts accessing shared files on your computer.
    Scanning will not work if your Windows 10 user account does not have a password and Password Protected Sharing is turned ON.
    The simple fix is to turn Password protected Sharing Off.

• Click on the Start button and type sharing.
    • Select Manage advanced sharing settings from the list of results.
      • You can also find this in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

• Click on All Networks and select Turn off password protected sharing.

• Click the Save Changes button.

hope this mite help, had issues setting up scan folders for smb today, this fixed it
    Passwords have been required for SMB since Windows 7. For those who do not want to use a password to turn their computer on, create a user name with password to use for scanning then use netplwiz to enable turnkey operation. On the User tab highlight the user name you wish to use and uncheck the box "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer." When you click Apply you will be prompted for the password if any.