MP3352: swapping print/scan option

We have a customer who wanted to get a print option in there MP3352. We put 1 in from another machine and got SC670 codes and I think SC876-05 code.

Put it in a machine in our shop, updated PCL & Printer firmware code went away. Different print option from another machine throws up SC876-05 code, some sort
    reboot message I haven't seen before and SC670. After removing and re-installing, did memory clear for print, network and scan + HDD format ALL started to work.

We went back to customer and put in print option after using for about week in machine in our shop. Machine wouldn't get ready and would have SC876-05 code.

MP3352, MP2852, MP2352...is that just the way these machines are? All of the machines we put print options in were fine before putting anything in them.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP3352: swapping print/scan option

Re: MP3352: swapping print/scan option

When you are moving the Printer/Scanner from one machine to another, what exactly are you moving? there are two reasons for this questions.
    1. The Printer/Scanner option is not just the SD card. It includes additional 512MB of memory and 120GB HDD.
    2. SC 876-05 is caused by installing the NVRAM or HDD from another machine. If you moved the HDD, initialize the HDD with SP5832-004.

SC 670 might be due to insufficient memory or HDD required for the Printer/Scanner option.

Re: MP3352: swapping print/scan option

It was the SD card, extra memory, HDD and the brackets that would come with it.

I put in a HDD that would throw up the SC875-06 code back here and in the customer's machine- I did the SP582-004
    and it booted up normally! Doing some test prints to it now.