Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: [PRINT QUALITY] MP-C2500 Vanishing Colour

One thing I've found with machines at construction sites is that it is important to make sure the machine is level. Hopefully you have a level in your kit.

Technician

Turned out to be a faulty black PCU. Installation of a new one plus good cleaning of the MPC resulted in a proper operation of the device.

I also mentioned a 2nd MPC2500, which had a black disappearing/vanishing down the page. It appears that the laser assembly was the culprit here. Didn't expect that (or should I?) as it was installed in the device 3 or 4 months earlier due to SC202.

Anyway thank you all for your help.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    [PRINT QUALITY] MP-C2500  Vanishing Colour

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Laser shield glasses are not part of the optics, they are part of the laser assembly.
    From wiki: Optics is the branch of physics which involves the behaviour and properties of light (including laser optics)
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dzewo View Post
    Turned out to be a faulty black PCU. Installation of a new one plus good cleaning of the MPC resulted in a proper operation of the device.

I also mentioned a 2nd MPC2500, which had a black disappearing/vanishing down the page. It appears that the laser assembly was the culprit here. Didn't expect that (or should I?) as it was installed in the device 3 or 4 months earlier due to SC202.

remove the shutter of laser

Upgrade the machine

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

That sounds like the polygon mirror may have been contaminated. From what I've seen, the contamination starts on one corner of each mirror face and builds up from there, reducing the strength of the laser reaching the drum and causing uneven density in the beginning.
    If I had a machine that was in a harsh environment that had uneven density I'd usually clean the polygon mirror before replacing the laser unit, as I was likely going to have to replace the laser unit anyway.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

So, the other mpc2500 - the one with a new laser unit - had a bad quality of print outs due to that new laser?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    So, the other mpc2500 - the one with a new laser unit - had a bad quality of print outs due to that new laser?
    Yes, when I installed a laser unit from another machine everything went back to normal.