Technician

Red face paper jam in the entrance of the heater

hello everyone i have rico mp3350
    when i print the paper always jam in the entrance of the heater
    how can i solve this problem?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: paper jam in the entrance of the heater

When you remove the misfeed, look at the edge of the paper that is closest to the fuser entrance. Are there any tears of other nicks to the edge of the paper? Is there any other abnormal damaged to the edge of the paper? This will give you clues to where the fault comes from.

Sometimes a silly thing like a wrong paper setting can also cause misfeed conditions. For instance, if the paper specified is for instance A5 and you feed A4 from that tray, it will trigger a misfeed. Please check paper size settings just to be sure.

Failing that, one would have to start looking at sensors/sensor cams and paper feed timing issues. Sounds like the paper is arriving at the fusing unit later than expected, which would make me look around the registration area.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

If the paper is fan-folded at the fuser entrance, the rear plate on the duplex door has a little actuator that breaks off, stopping the fuser driving. Check that.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    If the paper is fan-folded at the fuser entrance, the rear plate on the duplex door has a little actuator that breaks off, stopping the fuser driving. Check that.
    Sir, sorry I'm a total newbie. Could you please provide us a picture of "rear plate on the duplex door". Really having a bad day wasting too much paper cause of jamming. Thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Item 6, D369 4770. You can see the little actuator poking up.

p_ad3000.pdf
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Sometimes the edge of the Fusing entrance guide plate has toner stuck on it. have a close look,scrap of the toner with knife cutter or sand paper and you are good to go.

Regard's

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Item 6, D369 4770. You can see the little actuator poking up.

p_ad3000.pdf
    Or if you are having a real bad day, the drive gear on the hot roller has split and there is no drive on the hotroller at all. I have seen this on previous models.

Are you sure the hotroller is turning?
    Press the GREEN button!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Could be a picker catching paper the 5 tooth looking things you can see when you flap the gate open. It could be the tension arms, one presumably the rear side is not closing when you shut the door or the bearing on the pressure roller is stuck and it wont press on the rear side against the hot roller. could be the drive gear on the fuser is broke. Could be the sensor is dirty. Could be the swing arm plate for the fuser drive.

All things if your not a tech your best option is to call one, as they require testing and removing parts.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Or if you are having a real bad day, the drive gear on the hot roller has split and there is no drive on the hotroller at all. I have seen this on previous models.

Are you sure the hotroller is turning?

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Could be a picker catching paper the 5 tooth looking things you can see when you flap the gate open. It could be the tension arms, one presumably the rear side is not closing when you shut the door or the bearing on the pressure roller is stuck and it wont press on the rear side against the hot roller. could be the drive gear on the fuser is broke. Could be the sensor is dirty. Could be the swing arm plate for the fuser drive.

All things if your not a tech your best option is to call one, as they require testing and removing parts.

The hot roller is turning right. though after many jams i found out that one of the upper picker finger were cracked and needs to be replaced. Now, I just have to wait for the tech to come back since my unit is refurb (philippines).

20170124_134356_1.jpg