Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DSc445- SC471

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    DSc445- SC471

DSc445- SC471

This is a transfer belt contact motor error. The motor turns fine by hand and in output test mode. It is an intermittent problem but I cant seem to get a handle on it. HP sensor is clean and the transfer unit is secure.
    Anybody have any ideas on this?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Hi
    When you run the motor in output mode does it physically lift the belt unit?
    You could try checking the sensor in input mode 5-803-13 data 1.
    I have heard of the worm drive on the motor slipping sometimes and taking too long to lift the belt.

DSc445- SC471

In output mode CW and CCW, the motor runs fine. The sensor changes state as it should. Unfortunatly, when you turn on the motor is doesn't pay attention to the HP, just turns until you turn it off.
    Good thought about the worm gear tho. Makes sense. I see that the motor/gears are an assembly,I cant see the HP anywhere else so it must be part of the assembly. All on the rear frame, looks like its not hard to get to.
    We will order and replace the assembly.
    Thanks for the input.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    I wonder if the lift cam has a slight burr or something, but only catches every once in a while. Fridgemagnet is probably right though, with the worm gear.

Surprisingly, the few I've worked on actually did work ok. Well, in this area of the machine anyway.

Oops. A bit late on the reply.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

DSc445- SC471

We have probably a dozen of these out and they have performed very well (knock on wood) Mostly just supply changes and cleaning issues. How come they cant make a mono 45 this reliable?

A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    We have probably a dozen of these out and they have performed very well (knock on wood) Mostly just supply changes and cleaning issues. How come they cant make a mono 45 this reliable?
    LOL
    It was a great machine.
    Dev and drum changes at 60k and the physical size would put most people off.
    Hope you get it fixed soon

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Al, I think your motor is turning, but the gear thats attached to it is not rotating along with the motor, the inside of theses gears wear out, some super glue will do the job, LOL
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

DSc445- SC471

Thanks for the reply Paul. The motor assembly includes the motor, bracket and gears. Agree that a superglued part is stronger than the original but only in that one place. Hell, I could go to all that trouble and the darn thing rip on the other side of the gear.
    If the machine were down I might try it but it isn't and I ordered it overnight and will have it tomorrow. Bodda-bing, booda-bang.

A+; Network +; PDI+

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I've replied to many posts here for SC471.

Generally I've found on many occasions that the CMY transfer plate can intermittenly get stuck in the up position even after the cam has correctly rotated downwards.

The problem is that the plate is purely relying on the force of gravity to move down.
    The cam does not help at all it just gets out of the way to permit the movement.

So double check CMY transfer plate holding arms are clean and move completely freely.

Tip: If you spoof the door sensor and you can see the plate move up and down via output mode for repeative testing.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

DSc445- SC471

Good tip, thanks cipher

A+; Network +; PDI+