Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh MP 5001 Firmware update, scan to email.

Hi, a client is requiring service and installatiion for one of these devices and so far ive only managed to configure scan to folder on machines running Win 7 only, the ones on Win 8 and Win 10 (pretty much half of their machines) all of them give errors even though when i configure the folder on Admin Tools and perform a connection test it says "connection to PC has succeded", also having issues with scan to email, as it always gives a "failed" message.

First of all im thinking about updating the firmware since it seems its not on the last version, pictures attached. Ive contacted Ricoh last week but so far no answer after they asked me what model it was, so i wonder if anyone here has the firmware update and could share it?

Hopefully it will solve any possible issue with scan to email and i can finish the job.

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HandyPeter

Re: Ricoh MP 5001 Firmware update, scan to email.

HI.

I am pretty sure I have had similar to this before on an MPC6500. I know I got it resolved but not 100% sure how. I would defiantly make sure that the firmware version is up to date. Specifically Net support, Net Doc box, Engine, System copy and scanner. also check you have the correct DNS values. I usually use the customers primary then 8.8.8.8 for the secondary. It wouldn't hurt to format the HDD just as a precaution, bearing in mind you are writing to it prior to scanning. I have my own SMTP relay mail server in instances where the customers is having issues, and I use this to test the scan to email.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

you will need to check for custom firmware for smb scanning to windows 8/ server2012. the same firmware will also work for windows 10.

A Firmware update will drag old Bertha into SMB v.2 territory and this usually resolves the SMB/Win 10 scanning issues.

Technician

It is necessary to update the Network Support to version 7.38 this should solve the problem. Attached patch description.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HandyPeter View Post
    HI.

I would defiantly make sure that the firmware version is up to date. Specifically Net support, Net Doc box, Engine, System copy and scanner. also check you have the correct DNS values.
    Yes after a quick Google search ive found firmware on this machine is not up to date. From what i understand im using the correct values for scanning to email, at least thats how ive done it several times on Canon machines, problem must be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    you will need to check for custom firmware for smb scanning to windows 8/ server2012. the same firmware will also work for windows 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    A Firmware update will drag old Bertha into SMB v.2 territory and this usually resolves the SMB/Win 10 scanning issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay View Post
    It is necessary to update the Network Support to version 7.38 this should solve the problem. Attached patch description.

Any idea on where can i find the latest firmware for download that isnt from Ricoh? Google isnt helping much and Ricoh support has not been helpfull so far, emailed them again yesterday and no answer, the first time i got a reply within hours.

EDIT: well, finally got a reply from Ricoh support and they say they cant help me at all since this machine is our of warranty or customer support, ill have to find the firmware update from a 3rd party
    Last edited by LTTP; 01-24-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Technician

If you know how to update it, then send a request to my email and I will help

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 5001 Firmware update, scan to email.

Quote Originally Posted by LTTP View Post
    Yes after a quick Google search ive found firmware on this machine is not up to date. From what i understand im using the correct values for scanning to email, at least thats how ive done it several times on Canon machines, problem must be something else
    Could be your problem is that this unit doesn't support TLS/SSL.
    You'll need to use an unecrypted configuration

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool Re: Ricoh MP 5001 Firmware update, scan to email.

Firmware will be needed to scan to folder on win 8 & 10. Scan to email unless the ISP requires TLS /SSL firmware should not be an issue.
    Double check with the ISP provider ..SMTP server name, port number, DNS servers 1 & 2, if authentication is required and if so verify the user name and password.
    Can't tell you how often clients "think" they know this info. If one setting is wrong, it will not work.
    Also a great solution to solve the TLS/SSL issue is to set up a free SMTP2GO account. ( Google smtp2go)