Thread: MPC305 - SC312

MPC305 - SC312

Sc312

So I have a c305 with a SC 312. I installed a new drum with no change. The drum turns for a half second and then codes. HVPS? I'm just seeing if anyone else has run into this issue.

TIA
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: MPC305 - SC312

Hi

I am assuming that you plugged in the plug on the front of the pcu, into the socket on the machine frame?

I had this once before and it turned out to be the contacts at the back of the machine, where the pcu makes contact when you slide it in.

When you remove the pcu, you will see there is a metal plate that ends in a round piece with a round black sponge stuck to it. Either side of this is a metal contact, that should look like on the photo below. If it is bent away on either side (or both!) the pcu will react like this, and could also complain that the pcu is not inserted correctly.

You could also compare it to the contacts on the units next to it, if unsure about the size of the gap.

On another occasion, the grey cable had pulled out of the socket on the developer unit, and as such, as doing nothing, even though it was plugged in on the frame side - worth checking.

mpc305 contact.jpg
    Press the GREEN button!!

I will definitely give these things a try. Thank you for the response and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Hi

I am assuming that you plugged in the plug on the front of the pcu, into the socket on the machine frame?

I had this once before and it turned out to be the contacts at the back of the machine, where the pcu makes contact when you slide it in.

When you remove the pcu, you will see there is a metal plate that ends in a round piece with a round black sponge stuck to it. Either side of this is a metal contact, that should look like on the photo below. If it is bent away on either side (or both!) the pcu will react like this, and could also complain that the pcu is not inserted correctly.

You could also compare it to the contacts on the units next to it, if unsure about the size of the gap.

On another occasion, the grey cable had pulled out of the socket on the developer unit, and as such, as doing nothing, even though it was plugged in on the frame side - worth checking.

mpc305 contact.jpg
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Well all of those suggestions didnt pan out. Everything looks good. I even installed a new PCDU and same code.

Im leaning towards replacing the HVPS - But what a PITA

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Hi

mpc305 contact.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

This is what the book says:

SC3xx: Image Processing – 1 No. Type Details (Symptom, Possible Cause, Troubleshooting Procedures)

312 D Charge P.P. output error: Bk

313 D Charge P.P. output error: Cy
    314 D Charge P.P. output error: Ma
    315 D Charge P.P. output error: Ye

The feedback voltage of the charge AC for each color is 0.3 V or less for 0.2 seconds after the charge AC has turned on.
    • Disconnected or broken harnesses of the HVPS
    • Defective PCDU
    • Defective HVPS

1. Check or replace the harnesses of the HVPS.
    2. Reinstall or replace the PCDU.
    3. Replace the HVPS.
    Press the GREEN button!!