Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Savin 4022sp

Technician

Savin 4022sp

All of a sudden I can't print anything off the internet. When I try to it locks the unit up and nothing else can be printed. I reset the unit by powering off, which caused its own HD problems which I subsequently fixed. I then tried to print something off the pc's desktop and that worked fine. But when I tried to print again from the internet (a different doc from the 1st time) it locked up again. Can anyone help?

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    It sounds application-related. If it can print, then the nic sounds like it's working. But, not being able to print from the internet sounds like it may be trying to convert the file or something and make the file too large, locking it up.

What exactly are you trying to print? And, what exactly are you doing to get it to lock up? I know you stated about printing off the internet-but the exact steps and what are the printer configuration settings, RAM, PCL version, etc?
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    There are firmware issues and driver issues with printing files with long filenames (internet).
    Download latest driver/firmware.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    There are firmware issues and driver issues with printing files with long filenames (internet).
    Download latest driver/firmware.

times 2

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    Fridge & Cobiray got me thinking about how sometimes I assume that certain things, technician-wise, have already been done- such as long file names being truncated, or when someone says that they have jamming issues, yet they haven't changed the rollers or cleaned a sensor or pulled the jam counts(basic approach).

What I mean is that I tend to assume that when they reach the post board, and they are a tech, that much of the basics have been covered.

This is not referring to a specific post, but rather me noticing that I may assume quite a bit has been done BEFORE the post gets on the board.

You guys are probably right. Firmware-related that will fix application-related problems.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+