Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

MP C2500 Can't Access Admnistrator

Hi, i have a problem with MP C2500. I would like to change the ip address of the machine but i cannot access it. It always says "!You do not have the privileges to use this function". I also try to access the Administrator Authentication Management and Program/Change Administrator but still don't have the privileges. I go to SP Mode (Factory) - UCS Setting - Initialialize All Setting & Addr hoping the it will go to default settings but still no luck. I ping the ip address via cmd and it has reply but when i put it on web interface it says Forbidden. Also i would like to remove the Access Control Range. Hope you can give me some advice. Thank you very much.

config.jpg webui.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MP C2500 Can't Access Admnistrator

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Hi, i have a problem with MP C2500. I would like to change the ip address of the machine but i cannot access it. It always says "!You do not have the privileges to use this function". I also try to access the Administrator Authentication Management and Program/Change Administrator but still don't have the privileges. I go to SP Mode (Factory) - UCS Setting - Initialialize All Setting & Addr hoping the it will go to default settings but still no luck. I ping the ip address via cmd and it has reply but when i put it on web interface it says Forbidden. Also i would like to remove the Access Control Range. Hope you can give me some advice. Thank you very much.

config.jpg webui.jpg

have you try to clear the password by getting into SP Mode (143) > Copy SP > 5846-46 ? after restart machine u press the (123) button and press login button on the panel(key logo) then login as admin with blank password(do not type anything) ? from there u may disable the administrator authentication management and set the ip address

Thank you for the reply. Yes I already did that but when i press the user tools (123) there is no login tab so i wasn't able to type the admin.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You are right to want to clear the entries in access control range as they are most likely what is blocking access. If the IP address of your computer does not fall properly with the correct access range it will be blocked. Use SP 5801-010 and 5801-011 to clear web service and network control service to default. Access control ranges and all IP settings will be cleared. IP address will be set to default of DHCP so you will need to be connected to a router or server to provide DHCP.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Yes I already did that but when i press the user tools (123) there is no login tab so i wasn't able to type the admin.

20170214_151909.jpg
    if no login tab show at screen have u try press the login button ? as show in my picture ?

Technician

Hi,

If you dont see the login tab you need to enable machine administrator. Under system setting go to the administrator tab. on the first or second page you should see administrator authentication. enable machine administrator and select admin tools. Go out of user tools and go back in. the login tab should be in the right hand corner

Technician

login by user as supervisor.then the password leave blank.after login,change user and password for administrator.worst case scenario,reset your FRAM...thats will come more problem.but try my first option first...cheers

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darknet93 View Post
    have you try to clear the password by getting into SP Mode (143) > Copy SP > 5846-46 ? after restart machine u press the (123) button and press login button on the panel(key logo) then login as admin with blank password(do not type anything) ? from there u may disable the administrator authentication management and set the ip address
    Quote Originally Posted by Slakkie4x2 View Post
    Hi,

If you dont see the login tab you need to enable machine administrator. Under system setting go to the administrator tab. on the first or second page you should see administrator authentication. enable machine administrator and select admin tools. Go out of user tools and go back in. the login tab should be in the right hand corner
    Quote Originally Posted by LANUN_81 View Post
    login by user as supervisor.then the password leave blank.after login,change user and password for administrator.worst case scenario,reset your FRAM...thats will come more problem.but try my first option first...cheers
    All of these are nice suggestions but if the computer he is trying to use WIM from does not meet the access control masking, he will continue to get the 403 forbidden when trying to use WIM.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed their ideas ... PPROBLEM SOLVED. 1st i follow the instruction of darknet93 about the button with key icon, the login tab appears. I input the login admin without password which i was able now to access and change the ip address. I put an ip address on the machine which is within the range of the Access Control Range, also i change the ip of my computer within the range of Access Control Range (by the way i use pc to machine via cross cable). I go to web interface and put the machines ip adress > login with admin no password > Configuration > Security > Access Control and then i delete all the address that is in there.
    Thank you very much