Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Using 3 Fax Lines on a MPC4504

Hi all

I'm trying to configure 3 Fax Lines on a MPC 4504.

I Created 3 Transfer Boxes and added users that would receive the Fax Messages by Email. It Works on one Line but on the others it's not working. I used 3 different Users that should get informed when a Fax is coming in but only with box one is getting the Mails.

Someone got an Idea?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Using 3 Fax Lines on a MPC4504

Re: Using 3 Fax Lines on a MPC4504

I have never had to do this so I've never looked it up, but it should be in the manual. I think you have to create a group with your 3 recipients and forward the faxes to the group.
    Totoro

Technician

Well guys since no one seems to have done this before i know how it's done now.

The Point i missed was to activate the second and third line in the parameteres.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

One thing to remember: The way the machine is designed, all 3 lines will treat the inbound faxes the same. That is, whatever you set up for one, pertains to all.

If you want each line to forward faxes to a different location / email, you will need GlobalScan. Either Server or Serverless will do.

I had that happen once where Sales told the customer that all 3 lines were independent of each other, and the MFP would do this natively. Caused a BIG problem! We had to scramble and set up GlobalScan Serverless.

That was some generations of MFPs ago (I think it was an MPC6000 or MP C6001), but I doubt it's changed.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    One thing to remember: The way the machine is designed, all 3 lines will treat the inbound faxes the same. That is, whatever you set up for one, pertains to all.

If you want each line to forward faxes to a different location / email, you will need GlobalScan. Either Server or Serverless will do.

I had that happen once where Sales told the customer that all 3 lines were independent of each other, and the MFP would do this natively. Caused a BIG problem! We had to scramble and set up GlobalScan Serverless.

That was some generations of MFPs ago (I think it was an MPC6000 or MP C6001), but I doubt it's changed.

Well that was not the Case for me

You can work with Transfer Boxes. No need of Global Scan at all in my Case. I created 3 Transfer Boxes and 3 USers with different Email adresses. Worked like a charm after activating Line 2+3 in the Parameters.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PillePalle View Post
    Well that was not the Case for me

You can work with Transfer Boxes. No need of Global Scan at all in my Case. I created 3 Transfer Boxes and 3 USers with different Email adresses. Worked like a charm after activating Line 2+3 in the Parameters.
    Glad to hear that transfer boxes did the trick.

Since I'm on the solutions side of the house, I'm not quite as up to speed with the more "MFP Based" functions, so to speak.

I do know that at one time GSNX was the only way to do this, without something like AutoStore in the picture. It was a bit of a sore subject in general, not just for the account I was referring to.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins