Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: MP C6003 slow to print colour to finisher.

That's the stuff that gives me grey hair and takes years from my life.
    Used to be kinda fun to track down and figure out these things, now days I just want to fix it and get out quick as possible.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Could it be a play on the old "pressure roller heater out, but roller is achieving proper temp from fusing belt/hot roller"? Something like that would be my guess, especially if that picture is of a pressure roller thermistor from the old fuser.
    Seems like an awfully long delay for that though, I would have expected SC54X series error codes rather than prints.
    Plus, I thought those wide contact thermistors were history. Shows what I know.

Before edit:

typo.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MP C6003 slow to print colour to finisher.

Well! I have the exact problem on the exact machine model(6003). Firmware is up to date. I ran black/white (8 1/2x11) copies on a stop watch to check the speed and it took 1min and 30sec. to make 60 copies. What the ?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    Well! I have the exact problem on the exact machine model(6003). Firmware is up to date. I ran black/white (8 1/2x11) copies on a stop watch to check the speed and it took 1min and 30sec. to make 60 copies. What the ?
    Not necessarily a problem. 60 ppm is based on single sided copies letter size LEF made from a single original placed on the platen glass. SEF will take longer. Duplex will take longer. Stop watch should be started as the lead edge of the first copies starts to exit and stopped when the last page finishes exiting.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You know sometimes I even pi** myself off! Sorry guys, I AGAIN did not notice there was more than one page of solutions on this thread! The temp sensor WAS bent over. This helped but did not resolve the issue 100%. CPM is down from 1:30 to 1:15 after bending the sensor back. Still needed another 15 secs in copy speed. Turned off 1113-1 Curl correction and bam another 15 sec. Now from the time the first copy comes out to the last is right on 60 sec..

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    We had an MPC 4500 sitting directly under a wall mounted airconditioner. The fixed air-con vains where directed down onto the copier. The machine would sometimes take ages to come out of hybernation into ready mode. It would some times throw a fuser SC5??? code. After 2 or 3 fuser replacements, we finally convinced the customer to move the machine out from under the air-con unit and the problem dissappeared.
    Yep, that's why the PSG says not to do that, but customers don't care. I have a MP9002 in a prison that is under an AC unit but thankfully it has a deflector on it to keep it from shooting air down at the machine and doesn't seem to have ever caused an issue.

These same people have run the AC in the dead of winter because it was too hot inside for them.