Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Re: MP6500/6001/6002 Toner smearin/ building on dev and drum unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    Reminder: That the MP6002/7502 series and newer has a REFRESH mode SP2986 that will help with the low volume copiers.
    Execute it when you're there - 2986-4.
    Or you can program it to execute after # copies.
    That's with 2986-2 - if the copier does 10K per month then set this to 5K so it executes twice per month.
    The waste toner will fill up quicker but so what!!

The older series 6001, 6000, 5500 etc doesnt have this refresh mode. There are other SP modes for these models but they've rarely improved the toner dusting, dumping and smudges for me at all.

However, I've had endless struggles lately - past 3 months - with premature developer dusting, dumping etc. I don't have a reason , no solution.
    About 10-15 copiers are doing this and most of them were lasting 300 - 500K before.
    All models - MP5500, 6000, 6001, 6002.
    All of a sudden, Now they last 50 K, a couple lasting only 10K, so whats up with this? Its BLOODY WEIRD!!

Is it weather related - We've had a cold snap past 3 months out west in Canada and then a warming up then cold again. MAYBE?
    Is it a bad developer or toner batch - Cant be, no one else is having this issue as bad as I am.
    I always have Firmware current, Check and Perform all bulletins, I do my PMs, replaced DEV assemblies, replaced drums, filters, replaced PCU assemblies etc etc but NO DICE!
    I seem to be wasting money throwing in parts.

Also have been trying a ton of SP modes - some from the bulletins, some from other tech tips etc etc.
    What I've started to try now is to put back to default - Vref, ID sensor values etc before replacing developer.
    Then doing SP2801 - developer initialization TWICE.
    Then doing SP3001 - ID sensor initialization.
    Then 2962 - drum adjustments.
    Don't know if this will help yet, we'll see in the next few weeks.

ANYONE ELSE HAS ANYTHING TO HELP WITH?
    Please let me know, i'll take anything.
    Thanks very much.
    Check your toner, we got the same problem months ago... Ricoh also told us we where the only one with this problem.... But later ricoh confirmed we where right! Faulty type9002 toner was the cause

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Check your toner, we got the same problem months ago... Ricoh also told us we where the only one with this problem.... But later ricoh confirmed we where right! Faulty type9002 toner was the cause

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Thank you Codex for this info. I'll ask Ricoh again.
    If you have any written info about the bad batch of toner please send me the info, if that's possible and thanks again.
    JDS Canada

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    We only use Ricoh toner and developer.
    Actually sometimes we bought bad toner as you can see from the developer unit the developer powder was built up below the cylinder this is the most problem we have encountered for these machine, only we can do is just observe the first week of continuous copying if the toner has no defect...if have do not continue to use the toner you have replaced....this is base on my experience.....Cheers

90% of the machines I work on are mp6002, 7502, 8001, 9001, 9002. We only use oem toner and parts. They all dump toner. That's why the lip is there on the drum unit. It's a trough. I service about 100 of these in schools. Low usage has never been a problem for me. Many of my machines average 45-60k per week. They all dump toner and have to be vacuumed out at 175-200k. I have also never gotten 1.2 million out of a drum. Best I have seen is about 75k. Came here today hoping to find anyone that has found a way to keep these things clean but so far, it looks like we are all in the same boat.