Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

aficio mp w2401 black random dots !

hello everyone ,

i have this machine aficio mp w2401 since two years now i changed the drum once everything else works just fine
    anyway lately it started printing black random dots when printing or when scanning ,

anybody has an idea about this ! what could be causing it ?

here is a counter attached to get a clear idea about the problem

scan.pdf

thank you in advance for suggestions

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: aficio mp w2401 black random dots !

Looks like it's time for a full PM including developer.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Dirty charge and grid wires.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Any chance you worked on the transfer corrona assembly?

I had that a while back, and it turned out that when the corrona box was reinstalled after cleaning, it was not inserted correctly into the guides which meant that the corrona box was sitting higher than it should.

This caused all kinds of image problems - dots, streaks....
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Looks like it's time for a full PM including developer.
    thank you for replying do you mean that i need to change the developer

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Dirty charge and grid wires.
    thank you very much for replying

i will do a corona wire cleaning and see

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Any chance you worked on the transfer corrona assembly?

I had that a while back, and it turned out that when the corrona box was reinstalled after cleaning, it was not inserted correctly into the guides which meant that the corrona box was sitting higher than it should.

This caused all kinds of image problems - dots, streaks....
    thank you very much for for your suggestion

no i didn't work on corona at all it been a year since i touched anything inside it

It depends what the PM counters show for the parts. If they are over life, replace them.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

It depends what the PM counters show for the parts. If they are over life, replace them.
    Hi, the problem with the MPW series mashines is that customers hardly ever print the surgested monthly volume on the units, so you end up with DEV that has not reached yeild but goes off with time. The yeild on Mpw2401 DEV is 27500 meters. Random Black spots can also be the Fuser Cleaning roller. You dont have to replace it, just take it out(Fuser have to come out partially to get to the screws) and scrape it with a sharp knife.

If it is the developer, witch is the most likely cause, you can get away for a short while by ajusting the DEVELOPMENT BIAS is SP Modes, but the correct way is to replace Dev. It takes 2 bags, put one and first cycle the machine for a short while before putting the second bag.

If it is the Fuser cleaning roller, the random black dots can rub off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballas View Post
    Hi, the problem with the MPW series mashines is that customers hardly ever print the surgested monthly volume on the units, so you end up with DEV that has not reached yeild but goes off with time. The yeild on Mpw2401 DEV is 27500 meters. Random Black spots can also be the Fuser Cleaning roller. You dont have to replace it, just take it out(Fuser have to come out partially to get to the screws) and scrape it with a sharp knife.

If it is the developer, witch is the most likely cause, you can get away for a short while by ajusting the DEVELOPMENT BIAS is SP Modes, but the correct way is to replace Dev. It takes 2 bags, put one and first cycle the machine for a short while before putting the second bag.

I agree wholeheartedly. Worn developer most likely is the cause but the drum might be pulling dev, wearing the cleaning blade, that's why I suggested a full PM so you're starting with a nice, clean machine.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ballas View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. Worn developer most likely is the cause but the drum might be pulling dev, wearing the cleaning blade, that's why I suggested a full PM so you're starting with a nice, clean machine.
    thank you very much for replying and your suggestions

i order the developer i'm going to replace it and see

one thing i noticed is that those black dots is only printed in the morning or when i start the machine but during the day the prints are clean !

Senior Tech 100+ Posts gkalman2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakani View Post
    thank you very much for replying and your suggestions

i order the developer i'm going to replace it and see

one thing i noticed is that those black dots is only printed in the morning or when i start the machine but during the day the prints are clean !

I worked on a MP W2400 with same problem and nothing changed after i cleaned the Charge Corona Wire, Transfer Corona Wire,Separation Corona Wire and changed the Developer my problem not changed. I think in the morning time was more humidity in the room , so i move the machine from the semi-basement to the ground floor and i wait to see if the problem has been resolved . After one week when the client change again the paper i discovered the real reason.. because humidity the paper have moisture on the surface part but after only 2-3 print everthing was ok.(the paper was deposited also in the semi-basement). In summer time this does not happen
    Last edited by gkalman2004; 03-11-2017 at 03:00 PM.