Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SP5200 Series Fuser?

SP5200 Series Fuser?

I've picked up a few of the these units recently - both the MFP, and standalone Printer versions.
    They're the first printer-based models I've decided to try with Ricoh.
    I've not seen a great deal of info here or elsewhere about them, but they seem like solid boxes.
    Although, what I've noticed on every single one I've seen- even those with only under 20K, is that the pressure rollers are wrinkled like crazy.
    The PM kits are surprisingly inexpensive, but not if I'll need to install one every 20K or so.
    So, I'm looking for some feedback as to whether there are any bulletins, or tips about fuser life on these?
    Any other general feedback about their overall performance would be appreicated.

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: SP5200 Series Fuser?

normal for lower roller wrinkles would not worry until you start having fusing problems. One thing to look out for is locking clips for fuser they break over time and don't keep fuser engage. For us we found cheaper to buy pm kit. I would keep one on had. when you buy the pm kit you get paper feed tires and friction pads, transfer roller and fuser.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

The fusers generally go the distance or at least reasonably close. No worry about wrinkling. Otherwise a pretty solid box. I have many over 500k and a few over 1M.

SP5200 Series Fuser?

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    The fusers generally go the distance or at least reasonably close. No worry about wrinkling. Otherwise a pretty solid box. I have many over 500k and a few over 1M.
    Good info.
    Thanks for this (and everything else), Jason

SP5200 Series Fuser?

Man! I had to re-open my own old thread because as much as I like these units generally for the speed and functionality, I'm at my wit's end over the pressure roller situation!
    I know I was advised not to worry too much about the the wrinkling of the roller, and they do seem to run pretty well for 70-80K if the customer is doing only single-sided output, but the 200K they're supposedly rated for? NOT A CHANCE! And for those customers that do almost exclusively Duplexing, it's a BIG problem after only 15-20K and I have a few of them.
    These machines just Eat the pressure rollers.
    I've installed lots of Genuine Oem fusing units in these with awful results, so the latest one I decided to rebuild and the results are the same.
    This is what it looks like 15,000 pages later, and it's wrinkling duplexed pages and jamming a lot.
    Pressure roller.jpg

I still haven't found any bulletins about the issue if they exist? And I've not found any other posts on the topic which I find pretty surprising. I feel like that there must be others going crazy about this. Any tips or tricks that can help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Man! I had to re-open my own old thread because as much as I like these units generally for the speed and functionality, I'm at my wit's end over the pressure roller situation!
    I know I was advised not to worry too much about the the wrinkling of the roller, and they do seem to run pretty well for 70-80K if the customer is doing only single-sided output, but the 200K they're supposedly rated for? NOT A CHANCE! And for those customers that do almost exclusively Duplexing, it's a BIG problem after only 15-20K and I have a few of them.
    These machines just Eat the pressure rollers.
    I've installed lots of Genuine Oem fusing units in these with awful results, so the latest one I decided to rebuild and the results are the same.
    This is what it looks like 15,000 pages later, and it's wrinkling duplexed pages and jamming a lot.
    Pressure roller.jpg

I still haven't found any bulletins about the issue if they exist? And I've not found any other posts on the topic which I find pretty surprising. I feel like that there must be others going crazy about this. Any tips or tricks that can help me out?
    The fuser units seem to come out of the box wrinkled and as others have said we tend not to use their crappy appearance as cause for swapping one out.
    I HAVE seen the pressure roller completely shred, however ,and the issue I tend to have is the duplex gate that sits directly above the fuser.
    Customers will try to clear jams without removing the fuser first and snap teeth off the pawl.
    Maybe check out the duplex gate pawl to see if all the guide fingers are there...it just takes one to be missing for paper to jam exiting the fuser.