Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MPC 3502 SC 552-02

Have error code 552-02

i replaced both thermistors. Wireharnass and the film assy twice with new lampps i reset it in 5810-01... I pulled the fuser and recycled went to 1106 to watch temp hangs out at 24-26 put fuser in 5 seconds later in pops the error code....any sugesstions

Sounds like a thermostat has popped. Check continuity between contacts with a multimeter. No bleep no good. They are metal and are situated on the black panel where the connector block is. If you take them out the black surface shouldn't be flat but curved out ward. You can reset them if you hold in your fingers and hit the black surface side down hard onto a table. This will show you if it's the thermostats at fault, then it's advised you order new.

Also are you aware there's a fuse you have to fit to clear some of the fuser errors

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MPC 3502 SC 552-02

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan View Post
    Also are you aware there's a fuse you have to fit to clear some of the fuser errors
    yes I tried different fuses it was the thermostat to it out and smashed it against tble and worked.. hopefully itll last to a new one comes in. thank you for your response

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MPC 3502 SC 552-02

Quote Originally Posted by mbolduc View Post
    Have error code 552-02

i replaced both thermistors. Wireharnass and the film assy twice with new lampps i reset it in 5810-01... I pulled the fuser and recycled went to 1106 to watch temp hangs out at 24-26 put fuser in 5 seconds later in pops the error code....any sugesstions
    you should be replace same type of thermistor, and you know how to use multimeter? check the continuity if good or bad.....