Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

MPC 3003 Printing probles

Hi. Got a mpc3003 that's all of a sudden on a medium run 15 plus pages the fusing gets quite patchy. We use compatible toner and been ok so far, also same 80gsm paper. The copier has done 25k in total. By setting to thick1 fixes the problem but for some reason when i print from the computers it only prints 1 page from a job and cant staple saying paper too thick. I get the stapling but printing surely it should print all or nothing at all as media is a mismatch. Would you say it needs fuser parts or its down to compatible toner? Please see example. Also it appears to only offset the black as colour writing on top is ok, or possibly issue with the heat in the middle.
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MPC 3003 Printing probles

As far as printing from the computer, if you change the print driver preferences to the same Thick 1, that should resolve your issue of only printing 1 copy. The mismatch is because the driver settings and printer settings don't match up.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Config page instructions for copiers, printers, & fax machines

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC 3003 Printing probles

in user tools maintenance you have plain paper settings type 1 and type 2 try changing this setting
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Technician

There is a printer service mode bit switch to ignore mismatch and print all copies. It's mad that it prints one and doesn't warn you. That way you don't have to change the drivers. I dont have access to one at the moment but it's obvious enough when you browse through printer bit switches. You will find it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Hi. Got a mpc3003 that's all of a sudden on a medium run 15 plus pages the fusing gets quite patchy. We use compatible toner and been ok so far, also same 80gsm paper. The copier has done 25k in total. By setting to thick1 fixes the problem but for some reason when i print from the computers it only prints 1 page from a job and cant staple saying paper too thick. I get the stapling but printing surely it should print all or nothing at all as media is a mismatch. Would you say it needs fuser parts or its down to compatible toner? Please see example. Also it appears to only offset the black as colour writing on top is ok, or possibly issue with the heat in the middle.
    Cheers
    Are they using the specific ricoh made driver for that machine and not a "class driver"? Compatible toner in a color machine is a bad idea. Do you have a paper tray in the machine set to thick paper as well? If the driver asks for thick paper but the machine has not been told it has any it will complain.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Its original driver