Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Savin 9025 (Ricoh MP 2550)

from Ive been working on a Savin 9025 that I cant seem to get correct parts for. Customer called for poor pcq. I determined that all the developer leaked out in back of machine. So I looked up the lower developer , developer roller and gears. When parts arrived , the lower half was different (cover was different) Gears were too big and developer roller was slightly different.I determined I could get by with just the gears so I reordered, thinking my supplier made an error. Same gears arrived They were too wide so I ended up filing them to fit. So after getting machine working I determined primary roller neede to be replaced. Ordered one and that arrived wrong. The ends too big and the one in machine has a clip on one end but the one I got didn't. I got all these part numbers out of the Ricoh MP 2550 parts book. It seems like the drum/developer assembly in machine is not the correct one? Is it possible that a drum unit from a different model was put in machine ? Or should I be using Savin parts? I was told that Ricoh parts are the same.This is my first dealings with this machine and I'm looking like a fool.
    I believe that the Drum unit was swapped out a different model at one point? They all seem to be very similar. Can any confirm that this is possible? Or am I cross referencing the wrong Ricoh model? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Savin 9025 (Ricoh MP 2550)

If the techs in your area are anything like the techs in mine then you probably have a 1027 pcu in it. I never looked to see what the part numbers were for the 1027 pcu because it was not supposed to be rebuildable from Ricoh. The 1027 pcu fits all the models up to the 03s with just a snip of one of the front locating pins. If your pcu has a green carry strap then it is a 1027 pcu . All the rebuildable units have a black strap. At least as far as I remember. The Savin 9025 is the Ricoh 2550 so you have the right book.THe Ricoh 1027 was the same as a Savin 2527.
    Totoro

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    If the techs in your area are anything like the techs in mine then you probably have a 1027 pcu in it. I never looked to see what the part numbers were for the 1027 pcu because it was not supposed to be rebuildable from Ricoh. The 1027 pcu fits all the models up to the 03s with just a snip of one of the front locating pins. If your pcu has a green carry strap then it is a 1027 pcu . All the rebuildable units have a black strap. At least as far as I remember. The Savin 9025 is the Ricoh 2550 so you have the right book.THe Ricoh 1027 was the same as a Savin 2527.
    exactly what totoro said
    also much easier, and quicker to replace with type 1027 pcu

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    It does have a green strap. Its been driving me crazy!!! I lost a couple hundred dollars cause now I'm stuck with the developer parts. Thanks so much I least I can save face with the customer when I explain the situation. I can see what you mean about it not suppose to be rebuildable, its very cheap.
    Thanks again for your quick response. On a sunday no less ))

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    It does have a green strap. Its been driving me crazy!!! I lost a couple hundred dollars cause now I'm stuck with the developer parts. Thanks so much I least I can save face with the customer when I explain the situation. I can see what you mean about it not suppose to be rebuildable, its very cheap.
    Thanks again for your quick response. On a sunday no less ))
    D amn I could've ordered the whole drum unit for 200$. I put out 300$ in useless parts!Do you know if the drum unit comes with developr installed? on the 1027n drum unit?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Do you know if the drum unit comes with developr installed? on the 1027n drum unit?
    Yes. Its a complete unit. Just install and run developer calibration

D amn I could've ordered the whole drum unit for 200$. I put out 300$ in useless parts!Do you know if the drum unit comes with developr installed? on the 1027n drum unit?
    yes it is a complete unit, the only thing you have to do is run developer initialization (which you would have to do anyway on this model)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    yes it is a complete unit, the only thing you have to do is run developer initialization (which you would have to do anyway on this model)
    Thanks everyone Appreciate all your help.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Just be careful that you are getting new Type 1027 PCU and not rebuilt. There is at least one thread where suppliers including Ricoh are shipping rebuilt PCU and they tend to have a much higher failure rate.