Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Angry Savin 4035 Touch screen won't function

This one has me stumped. Customer called saying that half of the touch screen functions won't work. I performed a touch screen recalibration and after I finished, none of the functions would work. Called HyTek for advice and they said that it's probably the op panel, which contains the touch screen. I changed the op panel but nothing has changed. I'm unable to do any of the SP modes as there is no using the touch screen to navigate. I've also disconnected and reseated all the connectors to the BICU and the problem persists. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Aloha

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    The LCDC board that the touch panel plugs into was bad. I also thought that it was the touch panel, but it ended up not being that. Needless to say, I had this EXACT problem.

If you have not changed out that board, that will very likely fix the problem. There must be some issues with those boards, as they are different from the older (1035/45) boards, by just a few connector pins-and minor board 'upgrades.'
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

4035 Touch screen

I replaced the entire control panel assembly which includes the board that connects to the touch screen, still won't work. Also disconected and reseated all the connectors on the BICU. I'm about at my wits end with this one. I got the control panel from Hitek in Orlando and it looks like a brand new unit. I'm going to look into reloading the firmware if I can figure out how to do it. Unfortunately, I'm not as computer literate as I'd like to be.

Aloha,
    Bill Monroe

I would still try a new LCDC board. I cannot say one way or the other whether the LCDC was overlooked or not. I do know that this was not the first time this happened, as some other machines in the field in another branch office was also experiencing the same problems-the LCDC fixed it.

Of course it can be another problem, but I'm leaning towards the board. It's possible that the LCDC board you received was not functional.

Doing a firmware upgrade would be a smart idea. The 4035 uses a PCMCIA card, with the firmware loaded onto it with the Ricoh swapbox software. Usually, it's done with a laptop because of the built-in PC slot.

Before the firmware, I'd try a known-good LCDC board. It would never hurt to completely rule it out and yeah, I can imagine it's frustrating.

I had the same thing on one last week.

I updated the firmware and that took care of the problem

It seems to be somewhat of a common problem. I also tried the firmware, but it didn't fix anything. I guess it was just my machine that needed a board.