Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Add scan print to Ricoh 3045?

Have an old Ricoh 3045 in an office I acquired and it's not configured for scan print. It has a network port on the device, but nothing shows p in the control panel for interface settings.

I've found part # 412578 for the 3045 Scan Print kit at a few places online, which includes 4 parts: SD Card, RAM, Scanner Button, Printer Button

Can this be field installed (I'd have a local tech do it) and I'd be good to go, or is something else going to be needed?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Add scan print to Ricoh 3045?

If it already has a HDD, then those are all that is needed.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If it already has a HDD, then those are all that is needed.
    Is there some way I can determine if it has an HDD without having the machine opened up?

If it does not have a drive, can I use something new off the shelf, in IDE or SATA? Does it need some pre-loaded software? Is there a drive carrier/cable assembly that I'd also need, or would that be in the chassis?

PS - I don't need to use the document server feature, just want to be able to print over network and scan to SMB.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HDClown View Post
    Is there some way I can determine if it has an HDD without having the machine opened up?

If it does not have a drive, can I use something new off the shelf, in IDE or SATA? Does it need some pre-loaded software? Is there a drive carrier/cable assembly that I'd also need, or would that be in the chassis?

PS - I don't need to use the document server feature, just want to be able to print over network and scan to SMB.
    Aside from removing the controller to look, quite simply, if Duplex copying and/or sorting is possible, it has an HDD.
    There is nothing special about it. It uses an off the shelf drive. Originally it used a 40Gb, but larger is fine.It's IDE, and I'm pretty sure it was a 3.5" version (?)
    There is a mounting bracket and wires required. Looking inside is the only way to tell if they are present.

Scan to SMB won't be possbile if you're on Windows 8 or newer( and possibly even windows 7 if firmware hasn't been updated)..it's just too old, but you can use FTP, or scan to a non-encrypted email

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Aside from removing the controller to look, quite simply, if Duplex copying and/or sorting is possible, it has an HDD.
    There is nothing special about it. It uses an off the shelf drive. Originally it used a 40Gb, but larger is fine.It's IDE, and I'm pretty sure it was a 3.5" version (?)
    There is a mounting bracket and wires required. Looking inside is the only way to tell if they are present.

Scan to SMB won't be possbile if you're on Windows 8 or newer( and possibly even windows 7 if firmware hasn't been updated)..it's just too old, but you can use FTP, or scan to a non-encrypted email
    I've confirmed you can duplex copy without manually flipping pages. The machine also has a finisher on it. Sounds like there is already a drive in there, correct?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HDClown View Post
    Sounds like there is already a drive in there, correct?
    Correct