Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh Savin MP 6003 SC672-11 won't wake up from sleep mode

I have seen the posts about this error and yet I am not sure of the exact cause in this particular situation, I am hoping someone could guide me on this.

Every morning the machine will not wake up from sleep mode, has the SC672-11 error, and the customer has to unplug / plug it in and then it is fine the entire day. Next morning same thing.

I am the Account Manager in this particular account and I have the Service Department saying the voltage to the machine is the cause. We have ESP Surgex on it where we can log in and see that indeed it does have quite a variation.

However, during the day we have NOT seen any surges or under-voltages while we watch the gauge, it holds steady at about 120 volts.

My contention is that it is not the voltage variation, but possibly the USB cable connection that runs from the op panel to the controller board. It is either not well connected or failing entirely due to the cable-tie crimping the USB cable, as mentioned in other posts. It is not allowing the machine to wake up. Or maybe even the hard drive not working as a second alternative. Maybe the voltage surges caused this in the first place, I am not disputing that. but I don't think it is the reason going forward. Hope I am making sense!

Thank you for any guidance.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Savin MP 6003 SC672-11 won't wake up from sleep mode

There are some fixes via firmware, so the first step to update everything.

SC672-11 or SC816-38 may occur while the machine is transitioning to STR (Suspend-to-RAM) mode.
    SC672-11 (Controller start up error) occurs when the machine is prompted (e.g. by a print job or other operation) to recover from Energy Saver mode.
    If that does not work you are probably looking at a faulty controller PCB or the connecting USB cable that runs to the ops panel.
    The controller PCB has been revised with some improvements to the capacitors plus some other vendor component changes and factory checks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Much appreciated, will try to let you know how this ends. The customer has agreed to have a true dedicated 20 amp line is installed by the building engineer.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

I had some success with reseating the connection between bicu, controller, and USB connector going into IPU/controller. I'd recommend doing that before replace any parts.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Each time I have had this issue updating all the firmware & replacing the modified USB ops panel cable has been the fix for me.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kannuki2 View Post
    I had some success with reseating the connection between bicu, controller, and USB connector going into IPU/controller. I'd recommend doing that before replace any parts.

Same here as far as unplugging and reconnecting the IPU. Ours was a C3003 unit

Hi everyone.

I have a RICOH MP-305+spf that has the same problem (SC-672-011). We had a problem with the RDF and we pull out the controller board to remove the a sensor on the upper zone of the controller, but the problem appear once we put in the controller board again in the machine. Nothing was unplugged, only the controller was put out.

What do you think??

Thanks!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    I have seen the posts about this error and yet I am not sure of the exact cause in this particular situation, I am hoping someone could guide me on this.

Every morning the machine will not wake up from sleep mode, has the SC672-11 error, and the customer has to unplug / plug it in and then it is fine the entire day. Next morning same thing.

I am the Account Manager in this particular account and I have the Service Department saying the voltage to the machine is the cause. We have ESP Surgex on it where we can log in and see that indeed it does have quite a variation.

However, during the day we have NOT seen any surges or under-voltages while we watch the gauge, it holds steady at about 120 volts.

My contention is that it is not the voltage variation, but possibly the USB cable connection that runs from the op panel to the controller board. It is either not well connected or failing entirely due to the cable-tie crimping the USB cable, as mentioned in other posts. It is not allowing the machine to wake up. Or maybe even the hard drive not working as a second alternative. Maybe the voltage surges caused this in the first place, I am not disputing that. but I don't think it is the reason going forward. Hope I am making sense!

Thank you for any guidance.
    -------------------------------------

Hi,
    Reason maybe one of following:

Controller stalled
    Board installed incorrectly
    Controller board defective
    Operation panel connector loose, broken, or defective
    Controller late

Linda

------------------------------------------------------------
    china spare part, Toner chip, Copier parts, Toner Cartridge - einmay toner

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    We had this issue on ca. 10% of our METIS-range. Updating fw and reconnecting the usb-cable was (luckily) the solution. Also looking and (if necessary) reconnecting the other cables on the pwb´s is not a mistake.
    Greetings...

Technician

Had a MP 7503 every morn go to functional reset trip code 991 992 customer had to unplug to reset.
    Updated firmware with package and changed SP5191 deep sleep mode to off
    It's been a week with no calls.