Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Errors

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Multiple Errors

Multiple Errors

Hi!

I bought a Ricoh MPC8002SP from a Leasing Company, the equipment was a Repo.... and they don't have the password. I tried calling Ricoh but they told me that it will cost to me a lot of money since they have to replace the NVRAM. I did a Memory Clear SP5801-01 but now I'm having a few errors... Paper Misfeed J001 (D2) and I'm receiving a Independent-supplier toner cartridge is set error. how can I bypass the errors? or why I'm receiving the errors? Is it related to the Mem Clear?
    How ever I tried to upload the NVRAM to an SD card and I receive a fail.
    Can someone help me?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Multiple Errors

Re: Multiple Errors

I resolved the J001 error doing a SP1134-001 adjustment.
    But now I still need to resolve the admin password or supervisor issue.
    Then I will start thinking in how to re-configure birth cert data... that I dont have...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Your up the creek without a paddle

You do realise you can get around the admin and supervisor passwords without ram clearing the entire device?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts gkalman2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysamara View Post
    I resolved the J001 error doing a SP1134-001 adjustment.
    But now I still need to resolve the admin password or supervisor issue.
    Then I will start thinking in how to re-configure birth cert data... that I dont have...
    I have an mpc8002 the worst thing is to do 5801-01 on this machine (it is a nightmare).
    You loose the toner settings, the gamma settings, the toner limit settings.
    What password you try-ed? why you used 5801-01 instead -010-011-015?
    Reset the admin password for the web interface, sp mode 5801-11 log in with administrator (no passwd) and set whatever you have to set from there.
    Or SP5846-047 - Clears the local address book information, including the user code.

Ps you need new toner for reset the Independent-supplier toner message and yes because the 5801-01
    Last edited by gkalman2004; 03-26-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

log in to the machine as "supervisor" no password. from there the only thing you can do is set up a new password or leave it blank. If you want to leave it blank, click into the change icon, leave it blank and then hit ok. The machine will ask again to confirm and hit ok again. Don't forget to click on the OK tab on the next page or it won't take.

Look up in the ADF top white sheet for the "birth certificate". For your toner issue..Independent supplier of toner SP mode 5051-001 from a zero to a one

Good
    luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    log in to the machine as "supervisor" no password. from there the only thing you can do is set up a new password or leave it blank. If you want to leave it blank, click into the change icon, leave it blank and then hit ok. The machine will ask again to confirm and hit ok again. Don't forget to click on the OK tab on the next page or it won't take.

Look up in the ADF top white sheet for the "birth certificate". For your toner issue..Independent supplier of toner SP mode 5051-001 from a zero to a one

Good
    luck.
    Maybe
    On a newly delivered machine, the factory SP sheet is located on the exposure glass.
    Open the tandem tray , and remove the paper cassette decal. Confirm the factory SP sheet is stored inside.

Read http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/at...stallation-pdf
    remove all options and update firmware

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Multiple Errors

Great!! I found it in the tandem Tray!! Thanks gkalman2004!!

Know... I did a reset using sp mode 5801-11... and I tried to connect thru the web interface using admin and password: blank... But I still receive the authentication error...

Great!! I found it in the tandem Tray!! Thanks gkalman2004!!

Know... I did a reset using sp mode 5801-11... and I tried to connect thru the web interface using admin and password: blank... But I still receive the authentication error...
    did you do power off/on after?
    If yes try also the SP5846-047 - Clears the local address book information, including the user code. (5846-046 clear all) (after sp you must reset the machine power off/on).
    I forget do inverse what is described in this document and uninstall the fiery from the machine (Fierydriven key) and set SP5-985-001 to 1 http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/at...stallation-pdf
    Last edited by gkalman2004; 03-26-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Multiple Errors

Hi!

I bought a Ricoh MPC8002SP from a Leasing Company, the equipment was a Repo.... and they don't have the password. I tried calling Ricoh but they told me that it will cost to me a lot of money since they have to replace the NVRAM. I did a Memory Clear SP5801-01 but now I'm having a few errors... Paper Misfeed J001 (D2) and I'm receiving a Independent-supplier toner cartridge is set error. how can I bypass the errors? or why I'm receiving the errors? Is it related to the Mem Clear?
    How ever I tried to upload the NVRAM to an SD card and I receive a fail.
    Can someone help me?
    So ... you bought a machine sight unseen. Never passed a copy, and did not get the admin password from the seller. It seems to me about half of the fault falls on you for not testing the device before buying, and half of the fault falls on the seller for not providing the admin password or support.

It seems like this is one of those wonderful life learning experiences:
    1) never buy a machine sight unseen.
    2) never buy a machine without testing the basic functionality yourself.
    3) never purchase equipment from a seller that does not stand behind their equipment, does not provide basic support with the sale.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=