Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts COPYDOCAZ's Avatar

AFICIO 2045 DRUM UNIT

I have a 2045 that is dropping toner I have tried to replace the recovery blade with limited results, anyone have a drum unit they want to sell me , goog used one is fine I have a new drum and blade.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    AFICIO 2045 DRUM UNIT

Re: AFICIO 2045 DRUM UNIT

Quote Originally Posted by COPYDOCAZ View Post
    I have a 2045 that is dropping toner I have tried to replace the recovery blade with limited results, anyone have a drum unit they want to sell me , goog used one is fine I have a new drum and blade.
    so if you have a new drum and blade... have you put it in? are you sure the toner is coming from the drum?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so if you have a new drum and blade... have you put it in? are you sure the toner is coming from the drum?
    these have a nasty habit of dropping toner out of the cleaning section when the soft mylar at the cleaning unit entrance is deformed or damaged. The toner then skips past the entrance and falls down the print side of the drum creating all kinds of havoc on the passing paper.

Have you checked the mylar I am referring to? it is the grey one at the cleaning section entrance. Check that it is straight. If not gently bend it upwards (away from the toner auger) and see how that works.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts COPYDOCAZ's Avatar

I replaced the myar recovery blade, but that may be the issue I have gotten 3 of them and ruined 2 and now its leaking again. the drum and blade are good

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Take the top cover off the drum unit and make sure the waste toner auger area isn't clogged up.

While you have the top cover off, check the mylars on the roller next to the auger. If those mylars are worn or damaged, that drum unit may be trash, at least I never found a way to fix that.

There are people here who are far smarter than me though so pay attention to them.