Technician

MP C5503 Please Wait Displayed

Word of warning to all Ricoh tech's do not update Metis System copy Firmware to D1495569F version 1.30
    I had a please wait displayed after reboot and the controller board stalled, Informed level 2 helpdesk who confirmed they have had a few calls in the last week with the same issue of the controller stalling and Please wait message displayed after firmware upgrade.
    Eventually after alot of Fu*%ing about and pulling my hair out as the controller was a new one I had just fitted, I managed to back date the System copy firmware to a previous version and all was well after that.
    I am now eagerly waiting for a revised version

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: MP C5503 Please Wait Displayed

This can happen if you don't update ALL the firmware files, many engineers possibly being lazy only update say engine & system.

Use the batch download tool this saves a lot of time then you can update all 30+ files.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Thumbs up Re: MP C5503 Please Wait Displayed

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This can happen if you don't update ALL the firmware files, many engineers possibly being lazy only update say engine & system.

Use the batch download tool this saves a lot of time then you can update all 30+ files.
    It was an all firmware up to date, up date.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laluna View Post
    It was an all firmware up to date, up date.
    Try updating again and do not use the Package firmware. It does not always have all the latest firmware. Also, it only updates those firmware that show as not being up to date. If a firmware is up to date but corrupted, the Package will not replace it. Use individuals modules and select to replace everything.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Try updating again and do not use the Package firmware. It does not always have all the latest firmware. Also, it only updates those firmware that show as not being up to date. If a firmware is up to date but corrupted, the Package will not replace it. Use individuals modules and select to replace everything.
    I don't use the packaged firmware, I manually select the individual modules.
    One controller was completely defunct by the firmware but after refitting the old control board it fired up first time, not sure if leaving the board out of the machine discharged the flash memory and it was able to get past the locked state that the firmware originally caused.
    According to level 2 support the firmware can cause the controller to stall if you a lot of paper jams or paper stuck behind the cassette, as my machine did.
    the software is not able to throw up the usual code of 501 eccetra and locks the controller 😬