Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ricoh mp 4500

ricoh mp 4500

in ricoh mp 4500, toner is not added automatically and hence the ID value increases gradually. when doing the force toner and with new ID sesnor initialisation, depth of copy increases. but again started fading gradually. suggestions please.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh mp 4500

Did you initialize the developer at installation and when doing so did you plug the recycling hole?
    If not, bring the concentration up to par and rrun 2801 with the hole plugged

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toshiba View Post
    in ricoh mp 4500, toner is not added automatically and hence the ID value increases gradually. when doing the force toner and with new ID sesnor initialisation, depth of copy increases. but again started fading gradually. suggestions please.
    Is the machine asking for toner?

If so check the mylars inside the cap on the toner hopper unit havent detatched, if they have you can glue them back on with epoxy type glue, or just replace the cap.

If it isn't check that the customer is using OEM toner, and if they are that it's the correct type for this particular machine, annoyingly toner for the 2035/3035 will fit in this machine but it will really upset the developer.

Finally, the developer itself might have gone bad, for whatever reason (still waiting for a fix from Ricoh), look at the mag roller, if it's coated in scum then the developer may have crapped the bed. This has happened to me more times than I care to mention and no amount of fiddling about with forcing toner or running skyshots has managed to get a stable image density, the only thing that has worked is a full PCU/Dev unit vac out and new developer........until next time.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh mp 4500

If it isn't check that the customer is using OEM toner, and if they are that it's the correct type for this particular machine, annoyingly toner for the 2035/3035 will fit in this machine but it will really upset the developer.
    Fact is, it will fit the hopper but since the bottom of the bottle is different, it wont be turned by the toner motor.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    If so check the mylars inside the cap on the toner hopper unit havent detatched, if they have you can glue them back on with epoxy type glue, or just replace the cap.
    Is this the cap for the Toner bottle you're talking about "Viking hat" Or the Toner Cover assembly on the Toner Hopper Unit? Both would cause this problem.

I've had an engineer glue the Mylars onto the Toner Cover Assembly before, the machine lasted 20 minutes before this failed, and I'm not too sure why he did it as the part in question "with the Mylars" is Cheap as chips....... literally.

Fact of the matter is though, he does a Forced Toner Supply and the density of the copies increased, which could mean toner IS getting into the Dev unit and is moving correctly.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (Oc'ed to 3GHz - Stock Volts)
    Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    4GB (2x 2GB) Corsair XMS Xpert II RAM
    ATi Radeon 4870 512MB GFX Card
    2x 74GB WD Raptor Sata HDD (RAID 0)
    500GB Seagate Barracuda Sata II HDD
    500GB Hitachi Sata II HDD
    600W500att OCZ PSU
    -TOTAL HDD SPACE 1148GB-

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Snacks-64 View Post
    Is this the cap for the Toner bottle you're talking about "Viking hat" Or the Toner Cover assembly on the Toner Hopper Unit? Both would cause this problem.

I've had an engineer glue the Mylars onto the Toner Cover Assembly before, the machine lasted 20 minutes before this failed, and I'm not too sure why he did it as the part in question "with the Mylars" is Cheap as chips....... literally.

Fact of the matter is though, he does a Forced Toner Supply and the density of the copies increased, which could mean toner IS getting into the Dev unit and is moving correctly.
    I mean the cover on the toner hopper assembly, whenever I glue these back on I use the two-part epoxy type glue and leave it to properly harden whilst I do the other servicing work on the machine. Normal superglue won't cut the mustard and will last literally five minutes.

I usually replace the whole cover, but every now and then I get more than one instance of this in a week so have to improvise.

Also in my experience sometimes the detatched mylar(s) cause a partial rather than a complete blockage, so forcing toner into the machine sometimes clears the "add toner" or undertoned condition but still cannot supply toner to the dev at the required rate for normal operation.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Also check the dev entrance seal had many which ones damaged cause pale streaks.
    Normally seems to accompany the mylars all or just some falling of the toner bottle cover.
    So the copy looks pale even when you force toner in and confuses the hell out of the ID sensor.

The reason it gets damaged im told is due to the screw on the dev unit not being loosen when the pcu is removed.

Of cause dont forget the toner motor i have seen a few behave erratically before packing up.