Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

noise after replacing fuser mpc305

I had to replace a fuser in a MPC305 and the new fuser produces noise from the drive assembly. Almost like the gears aren't meshing correctly. The original fuser didn't cause this noise. Thinking I had a defective fuser, I obtained a second new fuser with the same noise.

What gives? The original fuser didn't have a noise. I'm now looking at possibly replacing the drive and fuser assemblies. Has anyone else had this problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: noise after replacing fuser mpc305

Hi

check the white drive gear the drives the fusing unit. The MPC305 fuser is stiff to drive and premature drive gear wear is common, resulting in white powder under the fusing unit.

If the drive gear is worn, the gap between the teeth of the new fusing unit gear, is different to the drive gear and therefore the noise.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2crazed View Post
    I had to replace a fuser in a MPC305 and the new fuser produces noise from the drive assembly. Almost like the gears aren't meshing correctly. The original fuser didn't cause this noise. Thinking I had a defective fuser, I obtained a second new fuser with the same noise.

What gives? The original fuser didn't have a noise. I'm now looking at possibly replacing the drive and fuser assemblies. Has anyone else had this problem.

See MPC 305 Fuser Gears

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If the old don't and the new one does make noise, it's your supplier you have to turn to.
    There must be some warranty for this new stuff, it's pricy enough!