Technician
    Ricoh MP CW2200SP print missing alternating rows

Hi to all. Servicing a Ricoh MP CW2200SP that seems to print only in one direction. Attaching a sample. This happens black only - color seems to print ok. Performed the clean and flush procedure in the user tools. During flush got an sc220-03 code. After reboot print quality was fine. After a few days the customer has called again - the problem has returned. I am thinking the printhead may be faulty but would like to know what you folks think. Thanks

Counters: color 609, b\w 5568Attachment 36432

Thank you slimsbob for pointing out my error in posting this thread

Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP CW2200SP print missing alternating rows

how many time did run cleaning on PH?

it does look like that to me also... is this a liquid or gel ink?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

I have one of these damn things, too. It looks like you are missing print from K1 or K2. Run a test pattern and see which k head is not printing. Clean that head. Run another test print. Repeat 3 times, or until pattern is smooth with no broken lines. IMPORTANT: run a test pattern after every cleaning, and flush (if you have to flush). The entire procedure is in the manual, and you have to follow it to the letter to achieve desired results, including waiting 10 minutes after a flush before running another test pattern. You have to have patience with this ink beast. I don't think I have ever had a service call on it that took less than an hour, sometimes more. Also, get on TSRC and find the bulletin that deals with "early printhead replacement." It has a set of SP's to change that schedules the machine to automatically clean the printheads. It does help a lot.
    Last edited by mikadonovan; 04-20-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Hi Phil. Slimslob informed me there is a bulletin on this issue. I ran head cleaning a number of times and getting good print. Will get bulletin and go from there. It's liquid.
    Thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I have one of these damn things, too. It looks like you are missing print from K1 or K2. Run a test pattern and see which k head is not printing. Clean that head. Run another test print. Repeat 3 times, or until pattern is smooth with no broken lines. IMPORTANT: run a test pattern after every cleaning, and flush (if you have to flush). The entire procedure is in the manual, and you have to follow it to the letter to achieve desired results, including waiting 10 minutes after a flush before running another test pattern. You have to have patience with this ink beast. I don't think I have ever had a service call on it that took less than an hour, sometimes more. Also, get on TSRC and find the bulletin that deals with "early printhead replacement." It has a set of SP's to change that schedules the machine to automatically clean the printheads. It does help a lot.
    Thanks Did just as you said. Will get bulletin ASAP

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djteck View Post
    Hi Phil. Slimslob informed me there is a bulletin on this issue. I ran head cleaning a number of times and getting good print. Will get bulletin and go from there. It's liquid.
    Thanks
    yeah those gel units were bitches.. glad it werked out