Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

MP 7503 Intermittent 69/duplex entrance jam.

I have an about six month old MP7503 that is getting jams at duplex entrance/code 69 anywhere from every 10 copies to over 150 between. Paper is 8.5x11 LEF. Does this both from tray 1 or tray 2. Haven't checked to see if it does it SEF or not. Paper seems to end up skewed just after the duplex entrance but it's hard to tell because moving the duplexer and fuser out moves the paper. Machine has had both 300k and 450k PM performed last Friday and is still having issue.

I've looked through both the fusing unit and duplex unit and I don't see any missing springs, or rollers or anything bent or out of place.

Re: MP 7503 Intermittent 69/duplex entrance jam.

Hi, I had a MP6503 doing the same. I removed all the feed stations and then the drive that runs the units. There is a bulliten that says to reverse the bushing but I had more jamming after that. Follow the bulliten 005 to see where I am talking about and What I found was the bearing in that unit was very tight. I cleaned and lubed and have not been back to that account in 2 months. Hopefully this helps.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

I have been battling paper issues with that. I would bring some test paper .
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1989 View Post
    Hi, I had a MP6503 doing the same. I removed all the feed stations and then the drive that runs the units. There is a bulliten that says to reverse the bushing but I had more jamming after that. Follow the bulliten 005 to see where I am talking about and What I found was the bearing in that unit was very tight. I cleaned and lubed and have not been back to that account in 2 months. Hopefully this helps.
    Not sure how that would make it jam at duplex, but it's worth poking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    I have been battling paper issues with that. I would bring some test paper .
    I can try that, but it's a state government machine in a prison so they'll probably refuse to buy different paper even if it's the cause.

About two or three weeks ago I replaced the whole reverse unit assembly in the duplexer with a used one from a previous model machine. Retained the original photo reflector from the machine though.

Seems to be working just fine now. Nothing really appears wrong with the old unit though which is strange.